jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

eye makeup removing

1. writer77 profile image60
    writer77posted 7 years ago

It's important to remove eye makeup at night before you go to bed. Gently with a clean cotton ball or tissue use a eye makeup remover never pulling or tugging under or around the eye. Then finish with a cool splash of water pat dry and your done!

2. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

The best eye make up remover is an oil - any oil, even olive oil. It also moisturizes the surrounding area and minimizes any wrinkles that inevitably come smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I always use the jelly stuff to take off my eye makeup but it is very rare for me to wear any eye makeup in the first place.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What jelly stuff?

4. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

I use vaseline or a and d, with a q tip. When I wear makeup.

5. profile image0

Pure Petrleum Jelly...makes the eyes feel good smile

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

ha! vaseline... but you can get generic for cheaper. Im 33 and still get carded for ciggarettes...

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep the cheaper version but since I hardly use the stuff that is why i get the cheaper version...I'm not a mascara/eyeshadow girl unless it's like Halloween or special occassions...

Shoot I need to get more too since Thanksgiving and Xmas is coming up lol

2. profile image0

That's wonderful!

6. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

Oh. Did you know that petrolatum is a drying agent?

1. profile image0

hmmmmm, interesting. makeup is bad for you!!!!

1. profile image0

Why?

1. profile image0

cuz you have to remove it and its chemicaly based itself

1. profile image0

But it's so pretty smile

1. profile image0
              Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol it is but in the end it is actually bad for the face..how weird is that. oh and don't get me started on what is in some of the lipsticks we use...not sure which ones anymore though

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

I gots to go girls. Take care of yoyrselves, no one else can do it for you. Know your beautifull, without makeup. If you like makeup, go right ahead....just wash it off before bed!!! luvs ya  smile

8. profile image0

aaaa okay cya Justine thanks for the help on my story! ttyl chica

9. CrystalStarWoman profile image86
    CrystalStarWomanposted 7 years ago

I used to be be very naughty and not remove my make-up before bed, but I'm better these days - I mostly use cleansing wipes.

I had to laugh on Halloween, my partner and I both dressed up and I had quite heavy make-up, but he's got a shaved head and did a full psychotic clown face including white head, manic red 'grin' from ear to ear, black on the eyes, etc.

After a great night out and feeling rather 'merry', we staggered home, had cheese on toast, then I couldn't keep my eyes open, so went to bed - but did remove my make-up first. My partner promised he would do the same before going to bed too...

Guess what?! In the morning he looked even scarier than he had at the party! He hadn't even attempted to remove his make-up and he couldn't remember anything from the night before!

10. dinkan53 profile image76
    dinkan53posted 7 years ago

Use any thing that are adviced by good beauticians, but keep in mind that cleanliness and hygiene are very important when you use eye cosmetics. If you don't give much importance to cleanliness, it could lead to some infections of the eyes.

11. fevineg profile image60
    fevinegposted 7 years ago

I use olive use to remove eye-makeup. I thing this is the best for removing eye makeup.

12. profile image0
    jennafawposted 7 years ago

when i remove my make up i use philosophy, great face wash that removes make up! If I am feeling lazy I use the Clean & Clear Make up remover. Doesn't leave my skin irritated.

13. yenajeon profile image80
    yenajeonposted 7 years ago

geez im so lazy! im a strictly make up wipes girl!

working