jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Clothing Categories

1. profile image0
    wsdismanposted 7 years ago

If I were to create an inclusive yet general list of all of the clothing categories would you say that the following list sums it up?

Accessories
    Activewear
    Bridal
    Dresses
    Footwear
    Furnishings
    Lingerie
    Long sleeve
    Maternity
    Outerwear
    Pants
    Shorts
    Short sleeve
    Suits
    Swimwear

1. heart4theword profile image55
      heart4thewordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Bedtime or Comfort wear?  to include bathrobes, slippers, jammies...maybe you could come up with a better name?

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'd think in terms of the way stores set things up first:  Men's, women's, children's, and infants' and toddlers'. 

Then I'd break down within categories:  Dress/work clothes (dresses, skirts, and blouses for women; dress shirts and dress pants for men), casual clothes (jeans, a sub-category), sleepwear, under clothes, active wear, outer wear and formal wear (for the right categories).

Within those categories within categories, maybe:

Shirts:      sleeveless, short-sleeve, long-sleeve
    Skirts:      mini, knee-length, mid-calf, floor length
    Pants:       shorts, mid-calf, long
    Robes:       short, mid-calf, long
    Sleepwear:   pajamas, nightgowns, robes
    etc. etc. 

(that kind of thing)

1. profile image0
      wsdismanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I definitely agree that dress/work and casual should be mentioned, but don't you think that should be included in a different section perhaps titled lifestyle?  For example, if I were to go shopping online for shorts I would respond quicker to a section titled shorts rather than casual.  However if I didn't have an objective I'd probably respond to casual because that is more my personality. 

I definitely agree with both of you guys about sleepwear though.  What if I was to add a section titled lifestyle and the categories of clothing we mentioned would be within this section.  I think most likely I would include:

Casual
      Professional
      Active
      Designer
      Formal

What do you guys think?

1. Get-in2 profile image60
        Get-in2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd add in suspenders and belts as a seperate category

working