jump to last post 1-50 of 117 discussions (152 posts)

How often do you wear earrings?

1. kezan98 profile image60
    kezan98posted 6 years ago

I got my first pair of earrings at the age of 11 and I used to wear earrings all the time, in fact i did the naughty thing and slept in them but now I only tend to wear earrings if I'm going on a night out.

I was wondering if people barely wear their earrings, or keep the same pair of earrings in for ages?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have  less than 100 pairs of dangling earrings, because i make them myself, just sort of fancy ones, not real, I wear it everyday depending on what the color of my clothes! I use to sell them before...but I stopped my business when I went here

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't worn an earring in over 10 years, but did have one single earring at one time. smile

3. beadydani profile image60
      beadydaniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have got three piercings, the last two studs I had in the summer. I haven't taken the earrings off yet but I am going to replace them with another set of studs so I never have to take them off all the time, my ear holes close very quickly when I don't have earrings in them. I wear different earrings for my 'birth' piercings.

Basically, I wear earrings daily, as I am jewellery maker, I wear different colours of earrings every day. I can't go out without them, I love earrings more than anyother item of jewellery. I have got earrings collections for different 'categories' - casual, work, party, etc.

4. Pamela N Red profile image91
      Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a jewelry nut. I wear it everyday and always earrings.

5. confusedgee profile image60
      confusedgeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wear earrings every day. I wear a different pair every day and I switch earrings every day. In the morning to school or work I wear one pair and at night to party or relax with friends I wear a different pair.  I love them, they are like a fetish to me and often I find myself in another boutique or the mall buyina another pair. Its weird because my mom says I change earrings as muuch as I change panties. I don't agree with her, I think that she may be a little exaggerant. I have noticed that the earrings I wear often bring out my face or eyes, so why not indulge. If they are making me look beautiful and finishing off a great outfit why not just put them on. My favorite pair of earrings are a pair that is costume jewelry. I love them, they are green pearls, in fact I have them on right now. I wear an assortment, sometimes I wear real earrings, real diamond, gold and silver and other times I wear costume jewelry, either way I find it essential to have a pair on. Whatever the occasion!

6. gpinheiro profile image74
      gpinheiroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i never wear earrings. When i was eight I promised to myself that when i grew old I would never ever wear earrings. But i like to see other people wearing earrings.

7. 60
      marysearringsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wear a different pair of earrings every day ! I have to wear a uniform every day so it breaks up the boredom . check out http://maryle.webstore.com where you will find great deals on inexpensive handcrafted fashion jewelry pierced dangle beaded earrings

8. lisi2189 profile image60
      lisi2189posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wear earrings every single day, in fact if I walk out of the house with them I kind of freak out. I think it is a very feminine piece, one that really complements any woman's face. I switch them up depending on the outfit and occasion, but for the most part either studs or pearls.

9. wilrhoades profile image60
      wilrhoadesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I get allergies whenever I wear earrings. Why?

2. skristoff profile image60
    skristoffposted 6 years ago

I wear earrings all the time.  The majority of the time I wear small diamond stud earrings.  I wear other earrings on other occasions.  If I'm wearing studs, I'll sleep with them in, anything larger is uncomfortable.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have 21 earrings and I wear jewelry in them 24/7.

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I use to have more earrings but I took out 4 of them from my cartiledge since one was bugging me so I thought of taking them all out. My frist one was when I was a baby because I had no hair and everyone kept asking my mom if I was a little boy! Yep ppl thought i was a baby boy lol
    And then 16 my mom and I went got got my ear lobe pierced again so now I have two in my ear lobe and wear earrings in them all of the time smile

relache 21 earrings? wow! I'm impressed!

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

you don't look like a baby boy! You LOOK like an old man! lol

5. 0
    bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago

I wear my earrings everyday.

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How many do you have blood?

1. 0
        bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just one in each ear.  Nothing crazy.  I work in the corporate offices for a rather large corporation, so I have to still look a bit proffesional.

1. 0
          Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see you as one of those guys who have the big bling diamonds lol

1. 0
            bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not at all.  If I was, I would have to kick my own ass for looking stupid!

I have 10 gauge steel rings with steel balls closing the ring

6. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

hehe kick your own butt woul love to see that one lol

and ooo no bling for you? or even just color?

7. hannzach profile image70
    hannzachposted 6 years ago

I have my ears pierced twice, so I tend to change the front pair everyday, but keep the second pair in longer. I can only wear gold or silver, anything else irritates. Another thing I've seen in teenagers lately, is when they have thick rings attached to the ear lobes, that actually have a hole in the middle of the lobe. Really weird!

8. Mocha Momma profile image58
    Mocha Mommaposted 6 years ago

9. kezan98 profile image60

wow thanks for the response, maybe I should make more of an effort and start wearing more earrings now especially since I could wear three in each ear.

Any tips for keeping them in pairs, I'm kinda lazy when it comes to jewellery and I tend to take stuff and leave it where I'm standing!

1. beadydani profile image60
      beadydaniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Put your earrings in little transparent bags so you don't lose them, put the bags in a jar, empty tube of any food item., mine is a 'former' cookie jar. Or you can cut post cards into little bits, hole punch them and put your earrings in.

The other is to buy or make an earring stand. See instructables site for details of the latter. I am going to make one for my everyday earrings so I can see them at a glance.

Finally, you can link your earrings together by using one of the ear backs to link with the other, this will secure it. The possibilities are endless, it just takes a lot of imagination. Please let me know how you get on.

2. Laura Thykeson profile image79
      Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I own well over a hundred pair of earrings, both real and good quality costume. I have only single piercings in each ear-have tried to get another piercing twice and both times it they got infected! Although I have piercings, I also sometimes wear clip-ons. People don't always realize it's ok to wear clip-ons even if you have piercings. I can't sleep in EITHER type, real or costume. I am allergic to costume, but can wear for short periods.

When it comes to keeping them in pairs, If they are a hoop design, I link them together. For the studs, I have made fabric covered, thin cardboard wall holders for them in the past, that hang up with a ribbon or string. Then, you just pierce holes in the cardboard for each pair to attach them side by side. This has worked very well for me. You can use posterboard or something like that and either cover with fabric glued on, or decorate the posterboard with markers or even acrylic paints (as long as you don't get the cardboard too wet).

10. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 6 years ago

I eat, sleep and breath earings.  If I don't have a pair in I feel naked, even though I have very long hair.

1. 60
      marysearringsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

then you should check out http://maryle.webstore.com

11. 61
    angyaposted 6 years ago

seldom, i wear earrings only when I have some important meetings

12. TickleMeCute profile image60
    TickleMeCuteposted 6 years ago

I have four piercings in each ear, and to be honest the only earrings I tend to wear 24/7 are the earrings in my cartilage. The other piercings I usually only put earrings in for special occasions - such as holidays, weddings, parties, etc.

13. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

I wear earrings everyday and I also love bracelets.

14. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

One in each ear....keep them in 24/7

15. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Earrings are more critical than a watch, for Gawd's sake...at least for me!

16. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

all the time. i wear diamond studs every day.

17. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I wear earrings every day. I change according to what I am wearing. I do have my favorite pair that are Tahitian pearls and gold, but they are usually for very special times.

18. maribin profile image60
    maribinposted 6 years ago

24/7, I wear either diamond studs alternate with gold 22 carats, to keep the holes open. I can only wear gold, as my ear is allergic to other stuffs.

19. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

My wife wears a pair thats goes with her outfit she has hundreds. I never would wear an earing, I don't think it's appropriate male attire.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, earrings just aren't your style, Sneako! in fact I bet you don't wear much jewelry except your wedding ring !

me - I keep forgetting to put them on and I make earrings!

20. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

My ears were pierced at the age of 6 and i have worn gold earrings ever since. Normally I wear studs for daily use but go for the heavy or drop earrings according to the occasion.

21. TIMWILLIAMS profile image60
    TIMWILLIAMSposted 6 years ago

I am a man that wears earrings. I love them. I have several piercings in each ear. I wear the studded earrings. I wear them 24/7. Are there any men that wear several earrings in each ear like I do? I like to know. Also, I like to hear from girls that like men wearing earrings too.

1. Laura Thykeson profile image79
      Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I love the men in earrings thing, when it is done tastefully (not too big or crazy, I suppose). My husband has pierced ears, but doesn't wear any earrings anymore because of his job, so he is out of the habit. One thing I am curious about-I see mostly the younger folks (guys predominately) that have what I call "spacers" in their ears. You know, the larger, round disks, the size of a quarter or so, in the earlobes. How are those inserted??? Is there a process of working up to bigger and bigger sizes until you get to the size you want? And what happens if you decide you don't want them any longer?

1. blondepoet profile image78
        blondepoetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh they are absolutely ghastly and yes when they are removed they leave a huge hole in the lobe, not a pretty sight.

2. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used to take mine out religiously every morning before work, then put them back in after work. One day my boss, who also wears them and must have noticed the holes in my ears, told me to put them in. He says they make me look ten years younger, so I never, ever take them out anymore smile

2. Anamika S profile image72
      Anamika Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like men wearing Diamond stud earrings. Too many earrings on the ear do not appeal to me. One on each ear sounds fine.

22. 0
    Leta Sposted 6 years ago

I wear earrings daily.  I don't feel completely dressed w/o them.  I went shopping and just bought 7 new pair--dangly, and look Indian and Thai.

23. 0
    LEWJposted 6 years ago

Every chance I gits! big_smile

24. BEAUTYBABE profile image85
    BEAUTYBABEposted 6 years ago

I try to match my earrings with each of my outfits. If I am going to a place that is extra special, I wear something that is just that little bit more expensive, but I think that if you are paying a lot for your outfit, then you should accessorise with a bit more effort paid to the earrings because they are usually, in my opinion just as important as the type of bag and shoes you wear.
    During the day, I wear a pair of plain gold studs, unles I have a pair that match what I am wearing on the day.

25. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 6 years ago

24/7/365...always in my earlobes and my belly button also...

26. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I never wear them... I hate them!  The clip-on ones are uncomfortable and the ones for pierced ears freak me out.  I had my ears pierced for the first and only time at the ripe old age of 36. I wore the little studs they gave me for a few weeks without any problems, then switched to dangly ones.  I found them fiddly to put on and always worried about injuring myself or catching them on something.  Then one day I forgot to put them in at all until about 3.00 pm and when I tried to do so, I found my earlobes were already healing over. So that was the end of pierced ears (and earrings) for me.

27. juliawinston profile image61
    juliawinstonposted 6 years ago

I've had one in each ear since as long as I can remember - only take them out to go to sleep! I'm not even sure these holes would ever close up after all this time.

28. Patti Ann profile image60
    Patti Annposted 6 years ago

I love earrings - I wear them every day - usually different ones each day.  I enjoy sorting through them each morning to decide which ones I will wear that day.

29. 0
    blackorchidposted 6 years ago

30. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

I wear them every day. My husband gave me a pair of amethyst earrings for my birthday last year (which is in Feb.) and I wear them all the time now (though I take them out at night).

31. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

32. topshelf profile image80
    topshelfposted 6 years ago

Wear them everyday, and I got 4 in each ear

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aren't you afraid of lighting?

1. topshelf profile image80
        topshelfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol no.

33. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

How often? Heck, every day!  Only time I don't wear ear rings is when I'm sleeping or playing with a young baby. Don't want em to rip my ear apart playing with the "pretties".

34. blogshopsreview profile image60
    blogshopsreviewposted 6 years ago

I wear it pretty often last time. Nowadays, i don't really wear it already as my ear seem to have a slight infection. Am still trying to figure out, which pair of earrings caused that.

For now, it would probably be once a week.

35. 0
    Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

I've never had earrings.

36. Aspiring2BGiada profile image60
    Aspiring2BGiadaposted 6 years ago

363 days a year...

37. britishbirdlover profile image61
    britishbirdloverposted 6 years ago

I didn't wear earrings for about 15 years. Then a few weeks ago I bought myself some beautiful diamond hoops and since then I've worn them every day.

38. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

I wear earrings everyday, but sleep without them. smile

39. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

I only wear em when my G F and I play role reversal.
    Those six inch heels are Killer on the feet and I have to stuff my Bra a bit but at least she doesn't talk down to me...

40. Christene profile image80
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I have to wear them 24/7 or the holes will close up. And they have to be 24K gold. I have very sensitive ears. hmm

I do change them for special occasions, but my trusty little hoops go right back in when I'm home.

41. nadiaazhar profile image64
    nadiaazharposted 6 years ago

i've one piercing in each ear.daily i wear matching ear rings, at work in prefer stud earrings

42. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

I wear them all the time except when I sleep (because I don't want anything to get caught on them).
    They complete your look. I like to look really good whenever my husband walks through the front door.

43. apricotmousse profile image57
    apricotmousseposted 6 years ago

Everyday for the rest of my life. I feel bold without earrings.

44. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I get lazy as well. I always have my pearl earrings on and I hardly change them out!
    I would love love love to design my own earrings!

45. kezan98 profile image60

Thanks for everyones contributions, I hadn't realised that some people were so passionate about earrings, it really does inspire me to design more.

46. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Never, I dont know what people have been saying about me but I do not wear earrings..... smile

47. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

48. blondepoet profile image78
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

I don't know what happens to them but I have around 70 pairs but only one of each, I could swear there is a "Ear-ring monster" lurking somewhere in the house and is possibly related to the "sock monster".

49. Madison22 profile image79
    Madison22posted 6 years ago

I love wearing earrings. I own several pairs and wear them everyday:)

50. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

every day. i have 6 earrings per ear. 3 are still healing. 3 if I remove the jewelry for too long will probably close up. 2 will leave a very noticeable hole. and 4 may shrink a little but won't be too bad not to have.

i do have dressy earrings for some of them, even though they're a stretched, they're are fake diamonds on them. pretty neat. i've never worn them though bc my hair covers my ears most of the time.

1. Cathi Sutton profile image81
      Cathi Suttonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Durning the 70s when "chicks" had one hole in each earlobe, I had three in my right ear, just to be different.  When EVERYONE started wearing multiple earrings, I stopped wearing them altogether.  For years!  Now I wear one per ear maybe twice a year.

1. 61
        thomas saboposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Two years, my lovest earring is <a href="http://www.thomasabostoreuk.com">Thomas sabo</a>, there are many thomas sabo jewellery in my jewellery box  but i not wear them often cause my long hair hide them.