jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does Microdermabrasion Work?

1. Rangerwife profile image60
    Rangerwifeposted 6 years ago

I want smoother skin.  Does Microdermabrasion Work?

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 6 years ago

It does...but the treatments they used to give at salons, etc., you can now do at home (you can buy treatment buffers...Nuetrogena, for example carries one). 

Microdermabrasions are also expensive at salons--$250 or so a treatment (they recommend several), and that was a few years ago.

3. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

my son's pediatrician had that done. she had to still tend her practice, so when we saw her, she couldn't hide her face while she was healing and it was all red and leathery looking. when she was all healed, she didn't look any different.

i use a really good moisturizer (Clinique), and scrub once a week with a granular sort of scrub (Clinique) and people always say how beautiful and smooth my complexion is. i don't think i will ever do any cosmetic procedure because it's just too scary.

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She must have had a peel.  That's a different thing...and one step up to cosmetic surgery.

Microdermabrasions are done in salons and basically are an expensive scrub treatment.

4. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

oh yeah that's right. i thought they were one and the same...it looked pretty bad, like her face got burned or something.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I ran into the woman up the street from me, who had just gotten it done.  She's in her late sixties.  Her face looked glowy and pink, but she's always had beautiful skin - so I don't know if it made much of a difference.  Still, in her late sixties and with a pink, glowy, look; I guess I'd say it probably helped.  How long that fresh looks lasts, though, who knows...

6. Gabriella D'Anton profile image60
    Gabriella D'Antonposted 6 years ago

Microdermabrasion treatments work really well.

It is a form of extensive exfoliation and it removes the top layer of epidermis leaving the skin soft and revitalized.

Now that those treatments are so more popular than a few years ago, the price went down ($95 to $125) depending on the location

Home creams are ok, a little more effective than a regular scrub, but not impressive result.