Wearing bra -- Why and why not?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image56
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

Why is wearing a bra important?

What's the reason for anyone avoiding it?

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm not sure if its a myth or not, but it seems logical that wearing a bra would prevent a bit of gravity's heinous effects. smile

aaaand who wants to wear such an uncomfortable thing? not I, but after two kids...well...lets just say things aren't what they used to be *sniff sniff* :*(

2. de'Arab profile image55
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bras are for girls and some guys with the big ones. It prevents them from damage due to everyday actrivity.
      Girls with niot so large parts should wear them mostly for physical activities especially running or jogging.
      I feel sorry for those people with huge stuff.
      All in all, bras are not that comfortable but essential.

3. drej2522 profile image70
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I avoid it because it's a little uncomfortable and for some reason society would look down on me for doing it. I really don't understand why...I need support, geezzzzz. big_smile

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To keep your boobies from touching the floor by the time you reach 60!  lol

The good thing about the bra is that it keeps your nips in check and makes your boobs look bigger. 

The bad thing is that they are sometimes uncomfortable.  If people didn't notice the nips when the nips nip then I would never wear a bra.  big_smile

5. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you're a G cup a bra is more than important...its a way of life ( I wear one in my sleep)  @ Sandra rinck-you're exactly right, gravity is not a womans friend.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it depends where you are, when you are at meeting etc. lest the meeting will be adjourned --  bra can lift your breast up too..
      mostly when you are breastfeeding, so that it will not sag.

If you want to be different than the normal gal out there, become popular the wrong way then don't wear bra in public

At the house it is alright not to wear bra, this is just my opinion, sometimes my opinion is outrageous to some,
      Like my first response, it depends where you are..see my first comment above----
      Our society is still centered on this mammary gland LOL

2. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I dont wear a bra as I am a man.....and I dont care what you have heard....from my own perspective...I hate those bras with the wire along the bottom of them....there like Bridget Jones knickers...not sexy....the bras that I like are the soft light silky ones....you know you can push them up easily with the one hand while your other hand is stroking the small of her back...sort of.....wearing no bra is not that attractive for me....it gets the blood circulating too soon and you cant enjoy the evening....I like some barriers...makes it more fun....same with going commando...all over too quick...ok some times but not for long term committment... smile

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well you got my blood circulating again, I don't know if its too soon or not, whatever.  I think you are wasted on the forums.  You should be writing an erotic epic, Irish - and I will read it!

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I avoid wearing a bra as much as possible... I really don't see any reason to wear one!!

But then... I don't have breasts... I guess that's because I'm a guy hmm

1. free4india profile image59
      free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a coincidence... the same is true in my case also !

2. fiksy02 profile image60
      fiksy02posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow this is great. we are one of a kind. You avoid wearing bra while i avoid standing while taking the piss. yeah you guessed right - I sit on the toilet cause I'm a lady!

4. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I don't have an idea why some women try to avoid wearing a bra.

First of all, I can't immagine not wearing that due to the size (DD-E), it's in my blood from early teens. For women with A or B - they can choose.

Second, and most important: it's a very feminine accessory - the one separating you from boys and teenagers and identifying you as a woman.

And it's real fun to watch a guy trying to understand how to take it off..especially if he's very excited, and you're wearing a bra with a buckle in front instead of back - where they expect it to be big_smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

Black Lilly, I always suspected that those front clip bras were the invetion of people with a cruel sense of humour....how is a young man to progress to the next stage when he is so exhausted and humiliated after the first....make it easy...I clip one hand.... smile

1. Black Lilly profile image61
      Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, practice makes perfect, you know... Education is important, in all areas wink

6. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I second that. Once you're past a B cup you NEED to put on a bra. Its just polite to cover it up in public. You dont need to show 9 year olds walking around your nipples!!

1. profile image59
      stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing wrong with the human body in whatever state.

7. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Oh this is So true. Havent you heard of those 'support bras' for men called 'bros'. We should have Hope Alexander write a hub on it! wink

8. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

From a male perspective I highly encourage women to wear bras because they are so fun to remove should the opportunity arise.

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I only wear one when I go out in public lol  hate those damn things!

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I absolutely refuse to wear one. They are usually too tight, confining and don't do much for my figure. lol lol

But, on women- some should wear them, for the reason Double_Frick has pointed out- Gravity.

Those who are built solidly, then I frown on them wearing them because it's hiding the true pleasure of viewing. lol lol

1. yenajeon profile image70
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg cagsil not surprised about your last comment AT ALL. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I've never hidden the fact that I am a sexist male. My sexism is biased toward women....cannot stand men. big_smile tongue

1. yenajeon profile image70
          yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least you are aware. Most sexist pigs have no idea they are! wink

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

11. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Gravity is unforgiving people.  When I was a young and rather stupid cadet nurse, I spent ages dressing a frail old lady only to find that the rather bulky vest I had been tucking into her knickers was actually her boobs!  Trust me, if your stacked, by all means flaunt them, but make sure they have the right scaffolding or when your old, you could be flashing them every time you sit down.

12. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

First of all: men should not even discuss that (my opinion),
    second: look at the women in wild tribes who never wear it. Their breasts look like... you can put the right word for me, I do not want to insult wild women they do not have a choice - we do!

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why shouldn't men discuss that?

13. Mary Fellows profile image42
    Mary Fellowsposted 14 years ago

I avoided wearing one until I was about 30 - why - because they are bloody uncomfortable and its easy enough to cover up your nipples in other ways if that matters to you.

These days (Im well over 30) I wear wireless one's which are more comfortable - but hard to find - basically the whole bra wearing thing is over-rated - cute and sexy sure - but comfortable - I don't think so!

14. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I grew up in a village in the Philippines where women dont wear bra only skirt and then they go to rivers to wash clothes, nobody looked at them because everybody is used to it, they also breastfed in public, nobody is looking at them,

you only wear bra because yours will sag if you dont wear one specially if your breastfeeding, and for those societies who are you know -- havent experienced breastfeeding when they are young they tend to have fetish for it, FREUD hehe

of course in some society, it is expected of you to wear bra, because you will be walking the street and people will be looking at you, you become deviant.. and in some society nudity is against the law (hehe imagine women walking the streets without bra hehe)

In certain beaches where you everybody is nude or they are sunbathing its ok, but then again if nobody is doing it except you, then you are what they call not following the norm, there are consequences for it

1. jonathanacosta17 profile image60
      jonathanacosta17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you from the Cordillera Region?

2. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

do you have the coordinates so I can plug them into my GPS?

15. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

and, once again, nobody's business whether and when I wear a bra, however! You would be glad I do! most of the time!

16. abichats profile image59
    abichatsposted 14 years ago

bras- good thing, running hurts without one
    no bra- only if you have model size boobs therefore looks fine

17. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

There are times I go without a bra in a public setting, usually I am in a dress when I do so but not always. I am fortunate to still be young and have perky little boobs (32C) and can easily go without one if I wish but sometimes it's just not right to do so depending on the situation and who may be present.

18. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

A large breasted woman who had all ways avoided wearing a bra was sitting at the bar at Scullys pub were I hang out.
    I heard her complain that she had Heart burn,then the bar tender said
    "thats not Heart burn lady your Tit's in the ash tray".

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

and OW! lol

19. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

That's Hiliarious!

20. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I have no choice if I didn't they would knock me out while doing my evening jog.

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to see that!
      No really, I'd really like to see that! smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well come on my next jog Logic and I will show you how I stay abreast of the situation. Do you have runners?

21. theirishobserver. profile image61

Even though it is snowing here in Ireland and I have a jumper and a shirt on I will not wear a bra smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about french knickers?

22. theirishobserver. profile image61

Funny story to tell you about nickers - In Ireland on Friday one of Ireland's most notourious Criminals, John Gilligan (serving 20 years in jail) appeared in court charged with illegal possession of a mobile phone and two pairs of ladies knickers in his cell last week smile and for you I would wear them if thats what you would like smile

23. profile image56
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the different views.

24. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I always wear a bra, cos they look marvelous!!

25. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I find it difficult to walk when I wear one, but at least I know my testicles will stay in place

smile

1. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Nice! You actually made me laugh out loud.

1. rebu profile image40
        rebuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yaa..very humorous....hahahahaha.........

26. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

So I won't trip over my boobies!

27. A.C. Sylvester profile image61
    A.C. Sylvesterposted 14 years ago

Back in my early years when I was just starting to develop, I was also trying to be all 'feminist' and take on the 'bra burner' attitude... Then I grew up emotionally and my Breasts got huge.... What better why of showing that I'm proud to be a woman than taking care of my 'womanly shapes'

... I'm also known to wear Spanx and I won't deny it one bit!

28. profile image0
    getmybackposted 14 years ago

unfortunately i have to

my back is acting up already

considering reduction

heard its awful

anyway, yes i do but would burn it if i could do

billY

29. rebu profile image40
    rebuposted 14 years ago

Thnx for the different views......

30. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 13 years ago

Great discussion smile

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Defy gravity and  hold it up or hang it out!

31. MelonTops profile image56
    MelonTopsposted 13 years ago

I am blessed with breasts and when im in my house i like them to be free, but a bra (especially if wearing the right size can give lift and support, in my experience all 34G of them Bras are only uncomfortable when they don't fit right, its like wearing knickers!! I don't understand why people see bra burning as some sort of independence/freeness. The only thing it makes a difference to is YOUR boobs!

Melon Tops be proud of you!

32. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

If you don't they may just hit you in the face while jogging and you could get concussion.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/tx-gentleman/braless.jpg

1. profile image56
      fun2hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

lol

33. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Ahh, the search for the perfect bra.  Even more difficult than finding the perfect shoe or bag.  All bra wearers should check out Rhonda Shear bras.  The most comfortable ever.  She has thought of everything.  I got mine on HSN.

34. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

If a bra is fitted properly, it's not uncomfortable at all; and going without is not always as comfortable as it might seem.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)