jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Levi's 501s

1. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

Any men out there who can tell me if they've noticed a difference in the standard cut of Levi's 501s?

2. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

It seems to me that Levi 501 jeans are going for a tighter/slimmer fit. Feeding to the younger generation.
    I use to wear only 501 jeans when I was a little younger, but have turned to Wrangler because of durability. I have noticed that 501 jeans don't last near as long as they once did. Several washes and they fade out. The knees of the 501's will wear out quickly.

1. 0
      Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Michael smile

Thanks for the input. My husband was telling me he'd heard that about Wrangler's too. He's just sick of buying 501s and having them not fit properly, when they did fit properly for the last 20 years!

Is Levi's crazy? They have a great product and they change it? What am I missing?

1. Michael Willis profile image76
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know. I used to Only buy 501. The higher price did not matter. It was because of the fit and durability. Maybe they are cost cutting in the making of the jean. If so, they are costing themselves a quality product they once had.
        And Yes, even Wranglers the last few years have changed.
        I have some Wranglers I have had for 10 years. Faded, lol, but I have them dry cleaned and heavy starched. Washing machines are not good for jeans.

working