ummm...what do you guys think?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (69 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fa … jeans.html

Here is apprently the new in thing for women...pj bottoms that look like jeans. What do you guys think? To me it says lazy.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey why not?  Wouldnt have em myself... I prefer birthday suit, but I guess I wouldnt be able to go our shopping in that! hehehe x

2. MordechaiZoltan profile image62
      MordechaiZoltanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking she needs to pull those pants up a bit. The concept of soft jean like pants is interesting but they need to fit. In my humble opinion...

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually those are kind of a good idea. i could have used some of those when i was sick. i had to go to the store to get Vicks and popsicles, and i was all comfy in my jammies and i have seen women wear jammies in stores but kill me if i sink that low. but if they looked like that i might give it a whirl.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sick pants...hmm didn't think of that

1. Lily Rose profile image86
          Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Sick Pants" - I like that!

4. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

women also have the daisy duke jean panties, been around for years.
      I used to work in a department store, and the amount of underwear available to women boggles the mind. And it pisses me off!

I can barely go into a mens store and find briefs that are sold in waist sizes anymore, yet women get some new offspring garmet every time the weather changes. It's like men do not matter to fashion designers these days. It is very hard to find anything in menswear that looks decent anymore. It's either Wigger, beyond tacky, or ungodly expensive. And, I personally do not think it's fair.

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Lazy and frumpy.  But, I might get some.  lol

3. profile image0

hehehe you get them, tell us what you think and then maybe I'll get some later on too lol

4. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

We could have a hubs pajama party together.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

They look so stupid. It makes her in the picture, look like they cannot seem to buy the right size pants.

On a side note, aren't pajamas suppose to be sleeping attire?

For what dumb-ass reason would someone disrespect themselves and go out in public, wearing sleeping attire.

My niece every so often stays over to visit with her grandmother, and I have to TELL her to get dressed?

I mean, what kind of mentality is that? WTF!!!!!!! smile

Just a small rant. smile big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that for the most part. big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool big_smile tongue

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im in my PJ's right now...

6. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

ehhh, I understand the concept and why some people would purchase them, but I would never buy them!

7. _cheryl_ profile image84
    _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

The first sentence of that article says it all...
    It's a fashion must-have for any woman looking to indulge her inner couch potato. I guess if you're gonna wear em around the house, but going out in them? =/

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're gonna wear them around the house, why not just wear sweatpants or pjs?

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly

8. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I confess to having worn pajamas out in public before, but it was when my best friend was having a really tough time and her boyfriend told us both to get in the car because we were going for a drive...we were in pajamas, and headed to Wal-Mart anyway. Having said that, normally I would not only not go out in pajamas, I would feel much more secure in jeans because those are outside clothes and I'm supposed to be able to feel them there. If I'm going to wear pajamas in public, I certainly won't be paying $40 just to make them look like jeans.

9. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

15 hours and your debating with someone who is one of the kindest and most visible hubbers here? Sorry but Cagsil is not out of line, you are.

1. profile image0

HEY DONT YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GANG UP ON PEOPLE?!

gosh that felt good! big_smile

10. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

im sorry i came in here and tried to voice my opinion ... i wasnt trying to offend anyone and i dang sure dont debate im not stupid enough to i know i will lose ... there is a band of brothers here so to speak and who am i nothing but the little ant on the ground.

again i am very sorry to have offended anyone and i will stay away and just concentrate on getting some hubs done.

have fun and be safe.
    again my apologies

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't offend anyone. Why run away? No one was insulted. You just didn't need to read something other than what I said and how I said it.

I am of the understanding that your view is skewed. Therefore, you will try to interpret what I say and change it. This doesn't work, when reading my writing nor does it work when reading my posts.

Please- do not read anything into what I say. Just read the words and understand the context. smile

Otherwise, enjoy your time at HubPages. There isn't anything wrong with you voicing your opinion. Just when you do, be prepared for people to dig at it, if it's seems out of whack from what's appeared to be normal. smile

11. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

WoW, they really do look like jeans in that picture..But $40.00
    Thats kind of pricey for jammies. I do bet they are comfy though.

12. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have to admit since I started working at hme I spend altogether too much time in my PJ's there are comfortable, lightweight, and I only feel a little bit stupid answering the door in them at 6pm.

1. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with oli.  When I'm home and I know I won't be going anywhere I always wear pajama/lounge pants to be comfortable and sometimes I am embarassed if someone comes to my door.

For the home, I think they are a good idea, but not for going out and definitely not for $40 - maybe $20.  I'd like to see a looser fit, too!

13. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Hilarious! There are 'spandex leggings' that look exactly like jeans. Buts its a lot more accurate looking I guess because its "fitted" lol

14. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Not really my kind of thing, but hey they may catch on!?

15. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't expend the money on them but agree with Cosette when you don't have anyone but yourself to run out for meds and you don't feel like getting dressed they look pretty dang good.

16. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Speaking of lounge pants....How many of you own the ones that look like scrubs the docs and nurses wear? Would you go out in those?

1. profile image0

I wouldn't mind getting some of those but for now my lounge pants are just gray sweat pants that I have had since HS lol

17. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have black velour pants that I sometimes wear out - but they don't look like pajamas - just sort of classy lounge pants - and I think they look outdated, but ok.  However, pjs - no way, I barely go out of my own bedroom in them!

18. Mamelody profile image61
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

I actually think they look fantastic! I mean I wear skin tight jeans all the time and my bigingo is locked up tight with no air passing through lol... great for fresh air down there man! lol

19. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 14 years ago

They look like a hand-me-down from an older sibling. A definite No.

20. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Don't care much. I am always more interested in what is beneath wink

1. profile image0

lol was wondering when a guy would go that route lol

21. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't care for the look.  Confession of a mom...when the district cut busing for a year, I dropped the car pool off in my jammies more than once - and I was in good company smile

22. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I love PJ's and have the balls to wear them out in public.

At university you were guaranteed to see other students go on quick errands in them and I was one of them.

I don't make it a habit but I would...so whether they looked like jeans or not wouldn't matter to me.

They seem cool but could do with looking a lil nicer.

1. Hara-G profile image58
      Hara-Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nahh.... ii agree somewhat
      but ughh...
      i think pj's are only for
      bed time the only time a man
      or should i say boy could see
      my pj's is when he's at my house ...
      nd the only time a girl can see
      my jb's is at a slumper party
      sad to say but ughh it's the truth....

2. profile image0

i see girls wearing pj pants out in public all the time here. of course many pj pants now are made from fabric and designs that don't even look like pjs, although you can tell anyway. on them it looks cute. pair them with a cute tank top and flip flops and it looks nice.

what doesn't is rumpled flannel jammies that someone obviously slept in...sometimes i even see women with their hair uncombed, pink hair rollers wrapped in a kerchief, no makeup on...yikes

23. mod2vint profile image60
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

pajama jeans, not lazy going for comfort!! read about these a few days ago and I'm thinking about them myself.

24. pddm67 profile image59
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

For me (personally), pj's are for wearing inside only.

What's next - a robe that looks like a jacket, hair accessories that look like hair rollers,a perfume that smells like "irish spring" so there's no need to shower.

One day we might actually be able to just roll out of bed and walk out the door smile

1. yenajeon profile image70
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha well said!

25. George Greene Jr. profile image61
    George Greene Jr.posted 14 years ago

is'nt that what the Norwegian curling team is wearing? HAHA!

1. profile image0

lol nice!

26. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

If he has good legs and a cute bum he can wear anything he likes, I won't complain. smile

27. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

The important thing here is how easy are they to pull off?

tongue

1. profile image0

oi! lol Hokey you silly

I thought this thread had died already lol

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi crazd! Don't tell your husband I am flirting! I am allergic to husbands. I break out in bumps, scrapes, and bruises!!!

big_smile

1. profile image0

LMAO don't worry Hokey I won't tell

1. Hokey profile image61

Our little secret.
                wink

28. profile image0

lol yep except for anyone else who comes in here will read that lol

29. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

So did you get some of those pants?  wink

30. profile image0

haha he!! no! so not my style big_smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Darn! Thought we could test them out!  tongue

1. profile image0

lol sorry but no way am I buying those ugly things

1. Hokey profile image61

Maybe they will just let us take them on a test drive.  smile

31. George Greene Jr. profile image61
    George Greene Jr.posted 14 years ago

I think I'll just stick to wearing my wife's lacy nighties!

1. profile image0

lol nice George nice...and welcome to hubpages

32. Phoenix Files profile image61
    Phoenix Filesposted 14 years ago

Are they harder or easier to take off than real jeans?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)