jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Calling all Mothers, daughters and sons!

1. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

With mothers day not far away, I was wondering?

For moms- what do you like to get on this special holiday?
    For sons and daughters- What do you give on this special holiday?

As for me, a personal chef for the day would do just nicely! For my mom, I get her pajamas and a plant because that's what she wears all day long while watering her plants LOL!

2. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

All these days are worthless and i wonder how could one day add importance to these relationships.For me this coming day does not make any sense.As far as the gifts are concerned they could be given and taken all over the year.If i specify one day,whatabout the other days.Its not about being against mothers day rather a tribute to all moms to be endeared and honoured all time.

3. chantelg4 profile image80

yes, you make a good point, however, most families are so busy and sometimes forget the importance and sacrifices moms make and although most of us show our appreciation all year long, it's nice to make a day of it and really show someone how much you care.  If we would forget all holidays and special days, chances are we would lose touch with friends and family over time. When you pay attention, you show that you are interested. Validation doesn't come easy for many, at least this gives some the chance to express something that would otherwise be difficult.

4. cflynn profile image85
    cflynnposted 8 years ago

i would be happy if my husband and my two boys cleaned up the house a bit and cooked me something...anything just make an effort.
    no card thanks unless they make it themselves, flowers are good but not expensive ones just some lillies from the supermarket.
    i like mothers day better than my birthday....because it is reward for effort.

1. kustomkrochet profile image61
      kustomkrochetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My family always pampers me on Mother's Day, cooks, cleans and the kids don't argue.  What a great day!  My Mom always gets a crocheted throw that I make for her though.  She loves that!

1. kustomkrochet profile image61
        kustomkrochetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with the home-made card, I also love home made gifts from my family.  I think that taking the time to make a gift shows much more appreciation for a person than a store bought one.

5. chantelg4 profile image80

I think a lot of us are on the same page. Not cook, not clean and relax. Think all the husbands are? LOL!

6. 59
    faheemposted 8 years ago

plzzzzz don.t use bad language i am ur new joiner nd tell me about LOL