jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Disease from Makeup

1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Research shows that most women are using makeup that has long past its sell by date - out of date make up can cause many diseases - generate germs - damage your health and your looks - mascara for example should only be kept for 4-6 months - most women keep it for 12 months - the list is long - is your make up - up to date?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've used a lot of times make-up past its date. I buy loads of make-up and some sit in my drawers for ever LOL

Never had any problem with them, appart that some got dried or lost its perfume. lol

2. theirishobserver. profile image61

Could this be a ploy by the cosmetic industry to promote sales ?

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Of course it's not a sales ploy!!!

What is clearly apparent is that there are an ever increasing number of women who have exceeded their use by dates and use the appropriate makeup for that situation that's all.. lol

3. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 7 years ago

Irish, this happens when you buy something that you don't in fact use, and it's not limited to make-up wink
    Think about men and DIY tools big_smile

4. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 7 years ago

No it's not a plot. It really does just sit around growing bacteria. I think anyway. Hard to tell if bacteria could actually grow in all those chemicals.

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

Never had a problem with makeup but I have had perfume go rancid yikes

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can stop your perfume from going rancid by not skimming the alcho stuff of the top lol

6. classicalgeek profile image88
    classicalgeekposted 7 years ago

I make my own mascara fresh, every couple of months. I don't wear makeup otherwise, unless I'm going on stage. But yes, I used to work in a laboratory and have run all kinds of tests on all kinds of consumer products. It's not just the bacteria you have to worry about growing there after you open your makeup, either.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

tell us more... I'm interested.. I think. hmm

I have heard about the bacteria, but what else happens?

btw, welcome classicalgeek, smile

7. theirishobserver. profile image61

oh, this thread has taken off - how do you make miscara - what is it made out of - I dont wear it - just interested smile

8. profile image60
    jayakolposted 6 years ago

Make up should be always up to date. More than up to date it should be from a reputed brand. Cheap and old make up items are the biggest threat for your skin. Ensure if the products are dermatologically tested and recommended. Do not preserve or store these make up items for more than 6 months.smile

working