jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

what are some good eyeshadow products that arent that expensive?

1. KrazyKristy13 profile image60
    KrazyKristy13posted 7 years ago

I love to do my make-up and especially my eye make up to make my eyes standout or just to stand out of a crowd, i do my makeup subtle too though.
    But my question is, Are there any really good eye shadow products or brands that work really good and aren't bland that are also not expensive cause i dont like to buy one little color for 10 dollars that only lasts a couple weeks. what do you suggest i use or look for

1. bella2009111 profile image61
      bella2009111posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Best Luxurious Eye Shadow: Christian Dior 5-Colour Palettes

2. Cosmetics-Guru profile image60
      Cosmetics-Guruposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kristy,

You can create your own cosmetics and eye makeup color pallets, it is easy and I do it all the time.  I save myself lots of money, because I can mix various colors together and produce a spectrum of shades.  I have used products from the various manufacturers and I have found that nothing compares to what you can make for yourself.

2. marcel285 profile image81
    marcel285posted 7 years ago

Maybellene dream matte mouse shadows. They are awesome!!

3. double_frick profile image81
    double_frickposted 7 years ago

for cheap black eyeliner i get the wet and wild pencil liner. its 99 cents and works great. thats the only thing of wet and wild i'll buy though. hmm
    other cheap but pretty good brands at drugstores are Jane, they have a natural line too. Rimmel is good.
    if you go to a store like rite aid or CVS they usually have a good cosmetics return policy like if you get home and try it and hate it, take it back and exchange it!
    oh, and sometimes, its worth it to splurge when you are sure you love a product. sephora and Ulta are stores that let you try makeup on and even help you find good products!

before you do your eye makeup prime your eyelids so the eyeshadow stays longer and brighter! also its good to find combo wet/dry eyeshadow to vary between brightnesses. and to do colored eyeliner i often just wet a brush and dab some eyeshadow.

geez. i could go on. LOL

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

double _frick . . lol I was just going to say the same thing about  the wet and wild black eyeliner!
      Jesse's girl in Rite Aid also isnt bad.

1. double_frick profile image81
        double_frickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOVE jesse's girl. smile
        rite aid is one of the best places for drug store makeup!

4. Ladybird33 profile image74
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I like almay and arbonne, I wrote this hub on what I use.  Good luck!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/beauty-products … s-for-eyes

5. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 7 years ago

Eyeshadow-wise, I stick to Urban Decay. It stays on, is vibrant for hours, even tho it is expensive...I've tried many eyeshadows, most mentioned here, and they just don't work as well for me. It's worth the money, plus, if you care, animal-cruelty free (many UD products are even vegan).

As for mascara, I like that kind in the pink metallic tube...don't remember the brand. Nonetheless, it is 7 bucks and works like a charm!

1. Haley Fo Faley profile image61
      Haley Fo Faleyposted 6 years ago

If you use an eye primer, your eyeshadow will stay better even the cheesy cheap crap. Even if you just use a creamy foundation all over your eye lids it'll work pretty nicely. As for eyeliner, I love avon's eyeliner. Maybelline's Pulse perfection mascara is awesome. The wand vibrates while you use it and it vibrates your lashes apart.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd poke my eye out for sure!!!  smile

2. profile image60
      edwinanicolaposted 6 years ago

I love to do my make-up and especially my eye make up to make my eyes standout or just to stand out of a crowd, i do my makeup subtle too though.
      But my question is, Are there any really good eye shadow products or brands that work really good and aren't bland that are also not expensive cause i don't like to buy one little color for 10 dollars that only lasts a couple weeks. what do you suggest i use or look for....
      Glass Of Venice

3. susanlang profile image61
      susanlangposted 6 years ago

Well, if your concern is cost first then you might want to try avon's eye wear. It's one makeup line many use on a budget.

4. MACACH profile image71
      MACACHposted 6 years ago

I agree with susanlang; Avon has great makeup and they always have a sale. You can get it from my site and also free shipping online!

5. charmar73 profile image60
      charmar73posted 6 years ago

Hi, found a great new cosmetics range called Motives by Loren Ridinger.  It's high quality but without the price tag.  The eye shadows are high in pigment & stay on all day and recently won the Latina beauty award 2009. If you like you can put an eye base under the shadow for that extra staying power & top it off with 10 yrs younger setting spray.  It's awesome stuff.  Paraben free, hypo allergenic, not tested on animals and all that good stuff!  Hope this helps.

6. Three-Legged Dog profile image82
      Three-Legged Dogposted 6 years ago

I loooooove getting the big kits at Ulta with like 64 different eyeshadow colors in them.  And for eyeshadow how-tos, check out Lauren Luke on You Tube!!! She does celebrity looks and shows you how to do everything to your eyes step by step!  I loooove her!

7. Flightkeeper profile image78
      Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I like to get the free stuff that Clinique offers every two months at a department store with a minimum sale.  Then normally they have these sales where you can get a bunch of eye stuff in a kit for some ridiculous price.

8. yenajeon profile image82
      yenajeonposted 6 years ago

What is super cheap is elf. They have really good eye products for a dollar each!

If you're willing to spurge a little more, go with mac. I love their colors!

9. UniqueBeauty profile image60
      UniqueBeautyposted 6 years ago

Mark cosmetics have wonderul cream and powder shadows, but they are a little expensive- around $5 to $6. But they are really good, pigmented shadows that last all day. For some cheaper products, ELF and wet-n-wild are not bad.

10. profile image60
      jayakolposted 6 years ago

Again it depends on your budget and taste but I have one word of advice for you. Do not make price your primary issue when you buy make up especially eye make up.

11. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 6 years ago

Did you try a black eye? It usually is free wink

working