Are Speedos in this summer?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (67 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

As a SPEEDO fan will I look out of place on the beach this summer?

1. mikefitz profile image61
      mikefitzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

speedos are never in in america, ever.

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on Mike...try one on take a picture and post it here then we will judge!! lol lol lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you come to florida, oh yeah.... yikes

3. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I was a lifeguard in Newport Bch, Calif in the mid 60's and in Ft. Lauderdale later, all we wore were speedos....:-)

4. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You wanna gratify yourself, or make yourself a chic magnet? Two different things. Girls are not crazy about guys in speedos, despite what the hype might say.  On the other hand, if that's what you like, then go for it. I bet your personality will overcome any looking out of place while wearing that thing.

5. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

not if you go to the beaches I go to. But of course o uneed ot be old, fat, french and leathery....

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's funny!

6. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You will in San Diego ! smile

7. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course....if you're an olympic swimmer. big_smile

8. FashionFame profile image58
      FashionFameposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes............. definitely. It was on runway show of Calvin Klein as well.

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I will wear one if you do

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Speedos.......... hahaha
    How disgusting!!! lol
    Where is your self respect?? hmm
    Is Budgie Smuggling legal over there? hmm

4. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

If you have the body to wear one, they are in... and I am coming along to see you wink

5. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

they won't be in my summer smile

6. Isabelle22 profile image60
    Isabelle22posted 14 years ago

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm108/Haleighistheshit/maninspeedo.jpg

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and this is not me smile

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
        Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol I hope not smile

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a better fashion sense...you can tell by the orange hat big_smile

7. taganisted profile image60
    taganistedposted 14 years ago

No speedos! There's no such thing as an attractive banana hammock!

8. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Why do fat guy's look even fatter when wearing speedos? Does the speedo play tricks?

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Speedo's are never in anywhere. Ever.

10. jenisis profile image59
    jenisisposted 13 years ago

Last summer It looked like more men were finally starting to wear skimpier bathing suits,at the beaches along Lake Michigan,rather than the long boardshorts. I know myself that I would rather wear my bikini bottom or my camo swimming skort. They are much cooler, and a lot more fun than my long swimshorts. Besides The tan on all my legs, looks better than just half tanned. Just wear what you like, and are most comfortable to you. may peace be with you all, jenisis21@yahoodotcom

11. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

I don't know why it's so bad for guys to dress like that, men's bodies are gorgeous but no. For some reason...

I wish they were acceptable and liked because I hate thinking of my boys swimming with long shorts that hamper their movement in the water. Less is best (safest) when swimming, true? And how can a guy tan when he's all covered up?

12. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Men are disgusting and nobody wants to see that.  The .000000000000005% of guys that look like underwear models can make the look work, except even they look silly, so, yeah.  Never is best.

1. Buffoon profile image76
      Buffoonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OI!  I just published a hub about this precisely big_smile

Dang. Is this self promotion and bad for me? Quick, tell me and I'll delete the post if I need to!

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
          Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, because i'm going to go read it, therefore it was successful, and by that, not bad for you.  Well, unless I leave some disastrously bad comment on your hub or something.  But then, you might turn that into something positive.  Start a flame war that draws lots of traffic for the spectacle.  So yeah, I think you're good with self promotion.  You should probably put a link in.  smile

1. profile image0
          2. Buffoon profile image76

You've got a way with words, Shadesbreath, so I hope if you get to that hub you don't tear it apart, because then I'd probably have to tear down the hub itself, since I doubt I could counter you with anything smart ... enough to survive smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
              Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Justine linked or else I would have.  You don't have to worry about a flame war anyway, it's great.  I giggled all the way through.  I'm immature, of course, so that might be part of it.  But, funny stuff.

1. profile image0

HA! I was so hoping I beat you.  wink  really, its a good hub.

Shadesbreath and Justine, thank you guys, I'm glad you found it funny!   big_smile

1. profile image0

smile

2. profile image0

too late, I read it, great hub!!!!

13. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

They can always stuff the speedo with rolled up socks

1. profile image0

or potatoes.  big_smile   I used to call it "smuggling plums"

14. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure which would be worse in my view - a man in speedos who does not have the physique of a Greek God or, the man with the baggy swim shorts that slide down exposing what we in England call 'Builder's bum' every time he is hit by a big wave!

1. profile image0

trouser cleavage.  or plumber's butt.  wink

15. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Speedos are "in" this Summer, Irish...Yep. They are wedged "in" to places you never thought you had...! lol

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/media/2006/10/wedgie2zj.gif

Super Sub-Atomic Wedgie!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

16. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 13 years ago

Speedos are not an option where I live.

17. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

You're kidding, right???  NEVER is it ever in!! yikes

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

C'mon Beth, just because it's cold up there does'nt mean the rest of us have to do without!! smile
      But it's okay, I'd just as soon run around naked anyway! smile

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

But nakedness is completely allowed!  (think Polar Bear swim as it originates in Canada).  I promise you won't stay cold for too long (but keep the Speedos at home....better yet, at the store unpurchased).  big_smile

1. profile image61
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing that you have had a bad experience with Speedos at one time or another! smile

Yes.  Brutally scarred for life.  lol  Nothing more of a turnoff for me than those Speedos!

1. tony0724 profile image59

Well I guess I won't post my photos then ! smile

ha ha ha Tony, you're much too good to be bad in any way!  smile  So, post those pics!  I'd love to see them! smile

18. profile image52
    innercomfortposted 13 years ago

Nudity beats speedos or any other kind of swimsuit! If you try skinnydipping at a nude beach, you'll never want to wear a suit again.

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Problem with it is that when I see it around it is almost invariably fatty-dipping big_smile

2. tony0724 profile image59

Why is it at the nude beach the people who are naked should really be clothed ?

19. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 13 years ago

Speedos are great. All men should wear them smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yikes...I still have bad memories of being "Speed-o-tized". There we were sitting at a nice boardwalk Pizza Place at the beach. We could only see straight ahead from where we were sitting. There was no looking to the left or the right...so we never had advanced warning. Suddenly...I kid you not...the boardwalk restaruant to the right of the one we were at started screaming. Then...Then...came the reason and it was terrifying: A huge male (of no minimal than 350 lbs.)in a Pink Speedo. That's not the worst of it. The Speedo had been so stretched out...that the only thing holding it up was a couple of well-pinched wrinkles. Shock...overwhelmed me. The restaraunt I was in stayed quiet for a whole minute (everyone also in shock)...and then let out a scream...thereby alerting the next restaraunt down the row.

20. Gail Brown profile image61
    Gail Brownposted 13 years ago

There are women's Speedo's too you know ;-)

21. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

I went to the beach here last week as the weather was good - Oh My God smile do people not have mirrors at home smile

22. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I know this thread started some days ago and you have probably been wearing your speedos but the fashion writers in the UK are definitely saying it's a no - no. Having watched one of those awful programmes on e-entertainment about the best and worst beach bodies - they had plenty of examples of stars in speedos - believe me - it was not attractive.  Don't do it.

23. Fashion Conscious profile image60
    Fashion Consciousposted 13 years ago

Speedos will always rule! I believe Arena is good as well.

24. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

ahhhh the good ol' Budgie smugglers (Aussie slang for Speedos) we created the brand and America bought it out, darn it.

But they haven't been in fashion in Aussieland for ages.....

25. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..i hope not...they serve a purpose for athletes...but the average dude at the beach should not dare to wear one...i'd rather see a guy in a thong...even though that can look kinda scary at the beach!

26. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

i used to run into a guy in a thong, walking the boardwalk at a beach I used to live by...he was always smiling as he walked the boardwalk bordering the beach, it was the 80's...he always had a matching head band too....I loved running into him...had to hold back my laughter everytime until he at least passed me by....i was being as polite as possible whenever i'd run into him....and he had quite a collection of beach thongs....but he was always smilin'! (like this guy)...i just can't get my head around thongs for guys!

http://www.swimwear-bathing-suits-swimsuits.com/Files/mens_G_string_thong_swimwear_lg.jpg

27. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

MY EYES !!!!! MY EYES !!!!

MEIN LEBEN !!!!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

never, never, never.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqFCRbxC5lCydEjENxomqC7YpqQAAk-a9r0RxlCJ_EnPHYKuY&t=1&usg=__8MJq1OFhpbL41eRVCiu0fNEb7Ro= this

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD4SgJ_Ri_1oDAHEA8iNGvATkgIx3zdKB6dK2o-dvkKAWNpGQ&t=1&usg=__YF-T5LS88MMArFmI-tBRZEw8FLw= or this.

big_smile

1. writealready profile image60
        writealreadyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No male over 10 years old should wear a Speedo. Never, never ever.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh I agree, even 10 is stretching it. I say never, never, ever unless you're an olmypic swimmer.
          my never, never, never was in answer to the OP.

2. profile image0
      Chanel the Writerposted 13 years ago

Speeds are never in, in America anyway. I don't know about Brazil or Europe tongue

3. Ellarose92 profile image60
      Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

If your body looks like dave beckam i'm pretty sure you could get away with it! but i never see to many people who wear speedos but you sure would make a statement:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)