jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Flatten tummy after giving birth

1. DjBryle profile image60
    DjBryleposted 7 years ago

What is the best and tested way to flatten abs after giving birth? Sit ups are so difficult and can cause back injuries and pain.Thanks!

1. Eurosquid profile image60
      Eurosquidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you start right after giving birth, a postpartum girdle can help a great deal

2. Tulai profile image64
      Tulaiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This might sound strange, but breast feeding and running worked for me. (That said I was a runner before and partly during pregnancy).
      All the best to you.

DjBryleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Eurosquid and Tulai... smile

1. Tulai profile image64
          Tulaiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are most welcome DjBryle. And thank you for the nice and encouraging message you left me. :-)

2. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

After baby #4, I did a lot of cycling, walking, running and jumping around in the trampoline with my kids.  I also worked my body with crunches and back strengthing exercises.  I monitored the type of foods I ate and the amount.  I also drank large quanitities of water, which helps remove any toxins left behind from the pregnancy.

Good luck!

DjBryleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Beth for your helpful advice... I started today... well, for the drinking lots of water part! lol! Seriously though... I need so much self discipline to lose weight and I admire you for having done all those things, you inspire me to do it my self... smile Thanks!

working