jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)

Need HELP!! Whats the best Black EyeShadow out there??

1. Glimmer515 profile image84
    Glimmer515posted 6 years ago

I dont like using pigment eye powder because its so messy bu all the black eye shadows I have used take at least 3 coats before they get really black. So what is the darkest black eye shadow?? anyone know??

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The best black eye shadow comes at the end of oncoming knuckles.

2. torimari profile image80
      torimariposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Urban Decay has a few kinds. They are vivid and stay on.

3. couponbeauty profile image61
      couponbeautyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely, Urban Decay has some of the best shadows especially for darker shades.  I like Urban Decay Zero with the Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Mad staying power. wink

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

My kids think permanent marker works great.  It fades to purple after 4 days or so.  tongue

Glimmer515posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmm well that is one I never even thought about, might actually have to try it, lol

3. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

The beauty experts rave about MAC's Carbon. It's a matte black which is highly pigmented.

NB - they do often use it along the lashline or over kohl pencil to make it darker black.

I have heard good things about that one but when i asked the women at sephora she said it wasnt that great, i think she just wanted me to get the more exspensive brand though

1. 0
        Audreveaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have an Urban Decay one called 'OIl Slick' - but it has sparkles.

I heard there is a new Matte Black Urban Decay eye shadow coming out? Anyone know if this is any good???

4. 0
    L.Perryposted 6 years ago

There is an eyeshadow called "KOHL" that comes as loose powder in a clay jar container. It really makes your eyes look dark and mysterious. This was really popular in the late 1970's, but they still sell it. It can be a little messy, but I haven't found anything that comes close.

5. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Okay, don't ask how I know. (it's readily apparent, anyway)

But I do suggest: http://sephora.com/

6. yenajeon profile image84
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

This will sound strange but try and use a very dark ink eyeliner for eyeshadow. Try Sephora brand or Lancome.

7. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I like Bobbi Brown's charcoal eyeshadow.

8. 60
    jayakolposted 6 years ago

It’s all about suiting your skin, skin tone and personality. Always try to go for matte finish & waterproof carbon eye shadow. You will get great collection of eye shadows from MAC, Chambor. You can also opt for De-Crease by Loreal.

9. M.N.Mori profile image61
    M.N.Moriposted 5 years ago

M.A.C.'s carbon is a buildable color. Well, for me because I'm a black woman, but NARS has a pitch black color...it comes in their pandora duo palette. NYX has one that's simple called Black and it's super pigmented.

10. Calgarz profile image59
    Calgarzposted 5 years ago

Check out the Japanese brand, Awake. Their eyeshadows are outstanding.

11. mysisters profile image59
    mysistersposted 5 years ago

I would recommend M.A.C. or Urban Decay. Not too much more expensive then say Covergirl or Revlon but you get what you pay for and it lasts forever!

12. Loving Liberty profile image60
    Loving Libertyposted 5 years ago

Lancome used to have an awesome shimmery black eyeshadow...check them out, they may still have it.

13. 60
    projectswatchposted 4 years ago

I like Wet n Wild black eyeshadows, myself. But - I think the best way to pick a black eyeshadow is to google for black eyeshadow comparison swatches. That way, you can see how they actually look, and then pick the one that looks best to you!

14. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

A friend who's a professional told me the best eyeshadows because of intensity of pigment are MAC, Lancome and Victoria's Secret in that order. I was surprised about the VS, but she was right. I purchased some of their eyeshadows and have been very pleased.

15. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

MAC Sharkskin is the best. It won't move around as much when you want a dramatic effect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+sha … mp;bih=448

16. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Now you can write a hub around it smile