jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)

Question for the girls: Hair removal creams

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

Does anyone use hair removal creams on their legs, rather than shaving or waxing? I can't shave any more because it makes me really itchy and I do get my legs waxed but you're supposed to leave it like 4-6 weeks between getting waxed I think, and it hasnt been that long, plus I can't really afford it. But I wanna know if creams are any good before I go spending money on them.

Any thoughts?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find that if I have a nice ten minute soak in the bath and shave my legs using lots of soap, they come out nice and smooth and not itchy at all.  But shaving them otherwise... I always seem to get goose bumps, which makes it extremely difficult to shave them properly and is actually quite uncomfortable!

I don't like creams so haven't got any recommendations on that score - sorry!

2. Agmon profile image60
      Agmonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I am use some hair removal tips from http://www.xn-----7ldcudixunn3edln.com/ & I benefited by this tips.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a new cream on the market that stops hair growth. Ask a Dermatologist

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My thought is, putting something on your skin that will melt your hair away cannot be good.  sad

5. howtoremovehair profile image61
      howtoremovehairposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After spending thousands of dollars on Laser treatments only to have the hair grow back, I've switched to a home treatments system. Not sure if I can say the brand here, so I won't!

6. girlwithin profile image60
      girlwithinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find that a cream such as Nair does a great job.  I use it on my arms, underarms, body(except intimate parts) and legs.  It normally leaves me smooth for 6 - 8 weeks although I may repeat on my legs every 4 weeks in the summer

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

Ive tried Nair, and didn't like it. My sister in law had a bad reacton to it. I have a friend who uses that lotion that is supposed to make you be able to shave less...she said it took a while to see a difference but it did work well.

Maybe if shaving makes yo itchy you ned a better shaving cream ?

3. Alota profile image60
    Alotaposted 6 years ago

just pluck them

4. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

Ye, that's what happens to me, it might be goosebumps that causes all the irritation. I'm not a big fan of baths and the hot tap in my new flat doesn't really work properly, but I have done that in the past and I think it helped.

Thank you both for your comments, I'll try getting a new shaving cream and do my best to get a warm bath, coz usually I shave in the shower.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image60
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

try surgi cream, apply it to your legs or bikini area, wait for four minutes, then wash it.

1. couturepopcafe profile image62
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is this?  Is Surgi Cream the exact name?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image60
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes mam,

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...i tried it...it works....i got carried away though!

http://funkydowntown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/funny-animals-photos-After-they-have-been-shaved-1.jpg

6. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

stay natural.."be hairy" movement...

smiles, Morning pisean,

1. pisean282311 profile image57
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi pretty..it is amazing that your pic always looks cute and refreshing when ever i look at it...how r u doing?

good, how about you? I am looking for a new avatar for the Halloween, a witch maybe

1. pisean282311 profile image57
            pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

cute witch? ...well seems to be nice idea..m looking forward for your new avatar...

7. profile image0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 6 years ago

I used Veet removal cream and it worked pretty good. But I usually prefer to wax even though it hurts like hell but its a lot better than using hair removal creams.

Hair removal creams have a tendency of leaving rashes and pores which look awful. Yes waxing is expensive, but its a lot better than hair creams.

8. lindacee profile image91
    lindaceeposted 6 years ago

This is not exactly a hair removal cream, but it reduces hair growth over time. It is good for smaller areas like the face. It is called Vaniqua and you can get a prescription from your doctor or dermatologist. It's not terribly cheap, but one tube lasts me at least 6-8 months. I have used it for several years and it cuts down on the need for other types of hair removal on my upper lip and chin.

9. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

Why not try Halawa - it's more or less as good as salon hot wax, and is safe to do at home (I'm not a girl, but just happen to know this).

10. xstaceyxXx profile image60
    xstaceyxXxposted 6 years ago

iv used veet a few times and hateeee it! >sad
    it made my legs feel itchy and sore i have the same problem when shaving in the shower but do agree that shaving in the bath really does work wonders. If you can stand the pain try a epilator I have one, and think their really good only when 'im feeling brave though!

smile xx

11. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 6 years ago

I don't like the idea of removal creams, they must be packed full of nasty chemicals.

1. girlwithin profile image60
      girlwithinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Possibly, but oh so smooth. smile

12. Ellarose92 profile image61
    Ellarose92posted 6 years ago

I use nair or veet for a couple of years and i think they work really well.

working