jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Engagement ring dilemma

1. candycox profile image60
    candycoxposted 6 years ago

What would you do if your engagement ring was not fitting you properly? I have this yellow gold engagement ring which comes off easily. I am not sure if i want to alter it. Any other option ladies?

2. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

You could wrap string around it to make it tighter. Otherwise take it and have it fixed to fit

3. Rafini profile image86
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Resizing a ring is a quick, easy and painless process.  Why wouldn't you want it to fit properly?

4. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

If you're going to bring it to a jeweler, bring it to someone reputable and even then if possible, have them resize the ring where you can see it.  If you've got a top-notch diamond, you don't want them replacing the stone behind your back.

5. UniqueBeauty profile image60
    UniqueBeautyposted 6 years ago

A friend of mine had to get this clear rubber thing that made the ring fit. You could probably ask a jeweler about it.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

if you really don't want to resize it..the jeweller can make what is called a (I think) 'ring guard'...it's a flexible band of gold that fits inside the ring that you can adjust to fit your finger....but it has small gold hinges that attach to the ring that could get caught on things.  If the jeweller does good work - no one will notice the ring guard.

1. UniqueBeauty profile image60
      UniqueBeautyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah- I've seen those. I think that is what the rubber one my friend had was called.

7. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

You must get is resized! If not, you'll run the risk of losing your engagement ring. Yikes!

If you absolutely will not get it resized, wear it like a necklace on a chain.

8. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

tell him to take it back and get "less band, more diamond"

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL!  you T.O. guys got it going on!  I remember.......

working