Shopping for jewelry

1. lifedancer profile image81
    lifedancerposted 8 years ago

Working on my new hubpage on buying jewelry, I'm disappionted that I don't have any comments.  I'm looking for your experiences buying fine jewelry, additional resources and mistakes you have made.  Since prices have gone up a lot and many stores are offering 10K gold where they used to have all 14K or better, your hints and help are welcome.

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Lol I try to buy my girlfriend something like this but I fail every time T_T If I get something for her I'm having it custom made (yeah) ^_^

3. beadsoflav profile image61
    beadsoflavposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on the type of jewellery you want to buy, whether it is fashion jewellery or designer jewellery. There are many online shops selling handmade fashion jewellery which could last you for a long time, if they are well-kept and maintained. If you are going for designer jewellery, you must be prepared to pay a lot more even though the material used is similar to what you can get from cheaper fashion jewellery store. What matters is how you take care of them. My Tiffany pendant also tarnishes over time and needs to be serviced by the store.