Sun Blocker Creams ... Why Does a Person Need ????

1. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Many people use sun blocking creams, after spending some time in sunshine they got their skin black. And when they get back to shadow, it takes some time to make their skin back to normal color.

Why does a person need sun blocking ??? smile

2. Pollyannalana profile image82
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

It's my understanding sun block helps keep you from burning so easily and it is suppose to help prevent cancer. I have heard lately that it does not do what is claimed to do but I have not really researched that yet to see what that is about.

3. Polly C profile image87
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Many women use sunblock in the hope it will keep away wrinkles rather than cancer, however there is some controversy over whether some creams can actually even cause cancer because the chemicals react when heated (by the sun) and also because the skin can absorb them.

Also, the skin needs vitamin D from the sun for protecting bones, as well as other numerous health benefits. Sunblock has its place, for pale skinned people in hot sun to prevent burning, but it is being very overused because of 'health scare' marketing in some places, such as the UK where I am, where the sun is rarely hot enough to cause much burning.