jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

growing natural african hair

1. fakfum profile image61
    fakfumposted 6 years ago

going natural is the new thing in vogue now.its so fulfiling when one is happy with her root and prevent confusion that comes with trying to be what one is not.for me its either my god-given;natural;voluminous and beautiful black african hair or NOTHING!!!!!(i mean it...nothing)what about you?

1. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good for you. Beauty standards are very euro-centric in my opinion.

2. Bredavies profile image70
      Bredaviesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have natural curls! It just sucks cause I don't how to get my hair to grow faster! If anyone knows any tricks inform me!

1. LSKing profile image86
        LSKingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Please stop by my profile to view my site called See My Healthy Hair Grow. It has tons of information about relaxed and natural hair.

2. Lady Summerset profile image79
    Lady Summersetposted 5 years ago

Moisture is essential to growing natural hair.  Glycerin enables your hair to draw moisture from the atmosphere to keep tresses moist.  To keep hair healthy, don't use any products with silicones (any cones!), sulfates, and alcohol.  Try a regimen of natural hair products!  Loving being natural!

3. LADY EMPRESS profile image60
    LADY EMPRESSposted 5 years ago

I have been growing my hair natural aswell. Its all about moisture and maintance as much as you would with striaght hair it still needs washing ect.I do find it hard to maintain my hair sometimes I often comb it out from the ends then down towards my roots. for moisture I use natural oils such as advacado oil,olive oil and pure coconut oil. when I wash my hair I use a leave in conditioner and let my hair dry naturally.