jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Facial scrub for men

1. 61
    Patrick Watsonposted 5 years ago

Just need your valuable opinion on men's facial scrubs.
    My skincare routine is this - shave with electric shaver, once finished hop in shower and use facial scrub , I then put on moisturizer- I do this every day, and notice that my skin feels great, however I was told that I should only be using a facial scrub once a week. The reason has been that over use will result in also 'scrubbing' away the good skin cells.
    What do you think?

1. kimbles profile image76
      kimblesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Use facial scrub before the shave, it prepares the bristles

2. 61
      hadley34posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Patrick,
      I'm 30 and I have a dry skin. Men using skin whitening creams to lighten their complexion isn't anything new. They had been using fair & Lovely since ages. However, now there are brands which they can pick of the shelf without feeling embarrassed. I myself is presently using Emami Fair and Handsome Advanced Whitening Face Wash along with Emami Fair and Handsome Advanced Whitening Regenerating Face Scrub. Then I put Emami Fair and Handsome Advanced Fairness Day-Long Moisturiser. These products keep my skin soft and supple. The moisturiser gives a refreshing sensation. I think you can try these products.

3. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 5 years ago

Facial scrubs caused me to develop broken capillaries, which I had removed by laser. To prevent them returning, I now use a facial wash with fruit acid, or a peel off mask to get rid of dead cells.

1. Brittney JonesLV profile image60
        Brittney JonesLVposted 5 years ago in reply to this

camlo you should get your skin diagnosed , there is a condition , that causes broken capalaries. look on my new hub if you would like to know more on these disorders

4. Brittney JonesLV profile image60
      Brittney JonesLVposted 5 years ago

The type of scrub you should use , varies from skin types. I am a licensed esthetician and can say that through experience of working on men, the best for them is usually a gel scrub /followed by a clay mask. Clay has dry and sticky properties. Glycolic acid and salycilic acid can some times be to strong for your face, as you have a beard/mustache. The broken cvapalaries are a sure sign of product miss use. Make sure before you use any product on your face that you do a test patch to see how it works. Meaning do a section of your face/ maybe your chin/forehead/ or your cheek and then test the difference in the different parts of your skin.

5. guy1973 profile image61
      guy1973posted 5 years ago

if you have normal skin a facial scrub is alright to use, depending on skin type,and for instant if you have damaged, using a facial scrub is not advisable.