jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it bad to wear alot of the "going out outfits" more than once?

1. Fashionista23 profile image61
    Fashionista23posted 5 years ago

Hi fellow Bloggers-
    Ok so when i go out i tend to wear alot of the same things over and over again.. I'm worried people will say something. I'm a plus sized woman ... Also would like it if i can get a little advice out there from someone with great fashion sense as well. Need HELP! Fashion Crisis!

2. 2uesday profile image91
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I think the days of having a new outfit every time you go out is hopefully over. If you are talking about new outfits to wear at Christmas time, well judging by the shops most people only wear a dress once. Not really, the stores will be full of unsold party dresses in January.

If I had to pick between a decent haircut and a new dress the haircut would win hands down. You can mix and match clothes if you buy the right things that are versatile, separates tend to be more versatile than dresses. That's about all I can say on the subject, different time zone here, I hope you have a great time whatever you decide to wear.

3. BobbiRant profile image78
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on how many times you see the same people.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I think when you go out, you should focus on having a good time over what you have on. Do up your hair and makeup, create your own look, accesorize, you can get a lot of wear out of one outfit with different accessories.  Wear what you want, wear what feels good, wear nothing at all if the mood strikes you.  Who cares what "people" might say.

5. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 5 years ago

I think about this too sometimes.  The #1 most important thing is to be comfortable in what you're wearing, otherwise, it can really bring down the whole night. 

The only time I stop and think "have I worn this outfit already/too much?" is if I already have 12 million photos of me in it.  Then I try to switch at least one thing (add/subtract a sweater or change my hair or jewelry).

I agree with what other people have said about mix and matching and using accessories to change your look, just so YOU don't get bored--not for other people.