jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Beauty regimen

1. annieloulaurel profile image61
    annieloulaurelposted 5 years ago

I regularly use lotion on my body. However, I kind of notice that some lotions are not that effective in retaining moisture. Can you suggest some best products that offer highest moisturizer content?

1. VIVALARAWR profile image69
      VIVALARAWRposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Coco Butter lotion. I use it myself and it works for me. Also a loofah can help unblock pores and let moisture in. Hope this helps, and check out some of my hubs, thanks bye!

2. YouReviewAging profile image69
      YouReviewAgingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Clarins has a good product called Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion. It was one of the highest rated on Sephora.

3. AshleyRB profile image60
      AshleyRBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pure Shea Butter, Virgin Oil Oil, Pure Coconut Oil.
      Anything pure really. The funny thing is that body lotions contain very little moisturizing ingredients and more chemicals. How else would they make a profit? Even petroleum jelly is better. You can use it at night and you will be soft in the morning.

Trust me I have eczema and I KNOW dry skin lol

4. Spider Girl profile image83
      Spider Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should go for body butters instead of lotions.

2. 61
    Nikkipageposted 5 years ago

Try Johnsons's Baby oil Gel - will retain moisture, and after a week of using it you will notice a dramatic difference in your skin..

1. Midnight Oil profile image92
      Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...and it's probably a lot cheaper than the 'fashionable'  moisturizers too.... wink

3. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 5 years ago

Try a lotion containing real aloe! It's is a huge help in retaining moisture for skin!

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 5 years ago

Try a product containing 5 - 10% Urea. It's a great help, in the short and long term.

2. Calgarz profile image60
      Calgarzposted 5 years ago

I like Jason's Cocoa butter stick from Healthy Options. It is light and does great job in nourishing the skin. I also like Jergen's Ultra Healing---the unscented one. Also, almond oil and olive oil in their purest form.

3. Calgarz profile image60
      Calgarzposted 5 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention the Body Butters from Bath and Body Works. I like Warm Vanilla Sugar. It really soothes the skin. I love it.