jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

1. 60
    sara lynnposted 5 years ago

which is the best for dry and straight hair.

1. Tammy Favata profile image84
      Tammy Favataposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have thin straight hair as well and let me tell you brands are important. I would go with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner.  Pureology's hydadrating shampoo and conditioner is the top of the line. Biologe also has a great Hydrating shampoo and conditioning balm that is not too high priced.  Just make you rinse really well so the conditoner doesn't weigh your hair down.

2. Ninjah Kitten profile image60
    Ninjah Kittenposted 5 years ago

I have wavy hair and use Pantene for curly hair.  I think they have a Pantene for straight hair as well.  I am unsure what it'd do for your dry hair, however..

3. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

SaraLynn, it sounds like you need a hot oil treatment. Lots of our hair dries out in winter.

1. 60
      sara lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i am so thankful for this imformation i will try it thank so much

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I think baby shampoo is great to use for everyday shampooing because the chemicals are not as harsh and won't stress out your hair follicles.

5. wearing well profile image78
    wearing wellposted 5 years ago

Hi Sara Lynn,
    All you need to do is warm some cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and apply to your hair.
    Wrap head with a hot damp towel and leave on for 10-20 minutes.
    Leave in hair overnight protecting your pillow with a dry old towel.
    Shampoo the following morning using an sls free base shampoo preferable with camomile(fair/blonde),rosemary(dark/brown) or aloe vera extract.
    Use a conditioner too before rinsing well.This will help improve dry hair and can be repeated twice weekly.Try not to wash your hair too frequently and let your hair dry naturally,rather than using a hair dryer:)

1. 60
      sara lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i have actually heard of this, i honestly thought it would not  work but at this point i will try anything and everything thank you.

6. Calgarz profile image60
    Calgarzposted 5 years ago

I like Agree shampoo which had been discontinued. I also like the Classic Vaseline Shampoo although they messed it up and reformulated it.

7. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 5 years ago

John Frieda has shampoo and conditioner especially for straight and dry hair.

8. 60
    aalina387posted 5 years ago

I often use organic shampoo for my hairs.It keeps my hair smooth..Its free from chemicals or synthetic ingredients.

9. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

Pantene all the way!!

10. azimimpossible profile image71
    azimimpossibleposted 5 years ago

I use dove anti hair fall.Visit my hub for more information about home remedies how to cure dandruff.

11. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

I use Garnier...Or biolage when I can get it from my mother...

12. Mrs asif profile image52
    Mrs asifposted 5 years ago

Garnier shampoos and conditioners are the best.It makes hair soft and radiant.It is very good in winters too ,wont leave your hairs dry.It has got different ranges according to hair texture so whatever the type of hairs you have,you can pick one from garnier.

13. enteebee profile image60
    enteebeeposted 5 years ago

I find that because I straighten my hair, it's very prone to damage. Due to this fact, I only use conditioner on my hair. I get my hair soaking wet, then put the conditioner on it. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, and then wash it out. Once I get out of the shower, I wait for my hair to naturally dry. I then straighten my hair. Because of the conditioner, my hair stays healthy and not-damaged in any way. Hope these tips help!

14. The Power Of One profile image60
    The Power Of Oneposted 5 years ago

Wen hair products are amazing, you should give them a try. Also try sleeping on a satin pillowcase.