What is Your Most Treasured Piece of Jewelry and Why?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Jewel Buzz profile image54
    Jewel Buzzposted 13 years ago

Jewelry has such personal meeting to each one of us.  Perhaps you most treasured piece was a gift, an inherited piece or you treated yourself to something fabulous.  What is your special piece and what does it signify for you?

2. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

My mother's wedding ring, because it's the only thing I have left of her.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

My Grandfather's size 12 shoes.. Had them bronzed and mounted with LCD Lights and now I can wear them as ear rings and never be in the dark again! smile

4. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

The garnet necklace from my Grandmother. We share the same birth month and when she passed away, my mother gave it to me.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Are you sure you aren't a Jewel Thief just checking out our Loot? hmm

Because Shoes with LCD lights are pretty valuable in some neighborhoods you know! smile

(Especially with Ears attached!)

6. txgal profile image59
    txgalposted 13 years ago

For me it's my wedding ring set because they remind me of that special day. Especially when I am away from my hubby. It makes me feel close to him.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I was once engaged and the ring is expensive. I tried to give it back to him but he won't accept it. It is still here, although when I look at it, I smile and remember the feeling that was. My grandmama game me a vintage ring and it is beautiful.

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

prettydarkhorse, keep the expensive ring and enjoy it.  You might just want to take the stone out and have it reset or put in a necklace.  Your story reminds me of when one of my ex-husbands actually had the nerve to ask for my wedding ring back!   Ironically, it's not as if he even bought it on his own.  We both went to pickout the rings together and I paid for half of the set.  What kind of man asks you to return your wedding ring?  Well, one I'm no longer with obviously.  big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice disturbia, and your experience is telling. Good that you're not with him anymore.

8. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Mine are two a mood ring my daughter got for me....

and a friendship bracelet she made me as well...

Other wise, (no offense) I don't wear jewelry

9. Dee aka Nonna profile image60
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 13 years ago

I have a locket that my mother gave me when I was 16--it was from my dad who had died when I was 8.  I also have a necklace and braclet that my grandson gave me.  He bought it from a local jewelry maker and negioated the price to what he had which was about $7.85 (smile).  It is obviously worth more than that and because the lady knew his other grandmother she cut him quite a deal.  I treasure both for very obvious reasons.

10. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

My wedding ring matches my husbands.  I have two sapphires and one center - he has one and two diamonds.  One of his diamonds is from his father's ring.

Jewelry is wonderful - the glitz, the glamor and most importantly the memories.

11. Mrs asif profile image60
    Mrs asifposted 13 years ago

My grandmother's gold bangles which she left for me in her will and those bangles are not only precious but also i am very much emotionally attached to it.They remind me of those times which i have spend with my grand ma.I love my grandmother ,May God bless upon her Ameen

12. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I don't wear any. No watch, no ring, nothing. What a waste of money!

13. Lawrence40153 profile image58
    Lawrence40153posted 13 years ago

I wear several different watches from time to time. However, my favorite is a simple inexpensive black faced watch with gold trim which my dad wore before he passed almost 16 years ago. I treasure it because it keeps me connected to him mentally and spiritually.

14. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Family jewels.. hands down

15. Loafycakes profile image60
    Loafycakesposted 13 years ago

Mine is my wedding ring, because my husband gave it to me and it shows that I'm taken. I would freak out so bad if I lost it.

16. Vala Faye profile image61
    Vala Fayeposted 13 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4702319_f248.jpg

I love victorian style chokers, and this one is extremely special to me as I made it myself and absolutely love the colour. It took me ages to make but it was worth it.

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's beautiful! You're very skilled at making jewellery, clearly. smile Have you considered writing a hub about how to make something like that choker?

1. Vala Faye profile image61
        Vala Fayeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh..thanks big_smile
        Err, I haven't really as there are so many instructions already out there..I'm still a newb though, checking things out, so I might, though I had other topics in mind *lol*

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
          dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you ever do I'd be very interested to read it! smile

(And welcome to Hubpages!)

1. Vala Faye profile image61
            Vala Fayeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tnx smile

17. Mama Sez profile image63
    Mama Sezposted 13 years ago

I treasure the engagement and wedding rings from Papa Sez but not as much as I treasure him, his love for me and our kids and our commitment to grow old happily together smile

18. mysisters profile image59
    mysistersposted 13 years ago

I treasure a pearl ring that my Grandma gave to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)