RIDICULOUS tattoo rules in Aussie pubs barring entry to patrons

1. deezers profile image60
    deezersposted 5 years ago

Certain pubs in Australia are barring entrance to people with visible tattoos. It seems to be a fairly new thing.

In the case of a 60 odd year old acquaintance of my husband, he'd been drinking and his 'local' for at least 10 years but they brought in this stupid rule about visible tattoos. Because he has a tattoo on his arm which is visible (he got it in the forces in his early years)he has now been refused entry to this pub unless it is covered because apparently people with tattoos are more like to cause trouble or some such garbage along those lines.

What is your view on this?

Also if you know of pubs in australia that do NOT adhere to these ridiculous rules then please also list them

1. ttrash profile image59
      ttrashposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a similar rule at a hotel in Wollongong (NSW) which caters mainly to the 18-30 crowds. I have a large tattoo on half of my back  and have been let in numerous times with it showing. I get the feeling that I'm always let in because a) I'm young and b) I'm female, however I have also seen many guys let it which have prominent tattoos. I've never seen anyone refused entry because of it, so I doubt it is very strict, but I too agree that it is a ridiculous rule, particularly because of the number of people that have tattoos.