Are you on Team Shower or Team Bath?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    GermanDelightposted 13 years ago

I love baths. Some people think baths are not as efficient as showers or they think of a bath as a water waster .
    I just published a hub about this issue. I would love to hear why you are on Team Bath or Team Shower.

2. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

I love shower It takes long to get the bath ready then after you need to wait for all the water to drain then clean the bath.  With a shower everything is quicker.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LOL. I had to read your title twice -- at first I thought you were talking about competitive showering or bathing, or at least practicing getting clean with teammates lol

For me, they serve different purposes.
    Showers are for cleansing and revving up for the day.
    Baths are for calming, relaxing, and contemplating my navel!

1. profile image0
      GermanDelightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mighty Mom, LOL yes I guess the title sounds a little funny. I did mean it to be a thought provoking. I like the idea of a team shower scrubbing each others back...may be even synchronized scrubbing :-)

4. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 13 years ago

It has been years since I have had a bath.  I used to love having my nightly soak, and used to spend a couple of hours in a bubble-filled bath.  Often, I would fall asleep whilst reading and only awake when my book dropped into the water.  However, since having a wetroom, and the bath taken away, I really miss it.  Sometimes, I even have dreams, in which I am having a bath, and wake depressed that I can no longer have one.

1. profile image0

Awww, that is so sad. It sounds like you need to have a tub in your next house. What is a wetroom?

1. profile image0
        Neville Walkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A wet room is one where there is only a shower, which is not in a cubicle, so that the water goes directly onto the floor of the room.  This means that the floor in always wet.  It was installed for an elderly relation, who cannot get into a bath or a cubicle.  As we only have one bathroom, this means that there is no room for a bath.

1. profile image0

Thanks for explaining! Sorry about not having access to a tub! :-(

5. aheil profile image60
    aheilposted 13 years ago

Baths are relaxing but I think I'm more of a shower person!

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...ha ha ....teams?

...i'm up for both...'cept the team part....

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Bad experiences as a child... Can't do the bath ritual! I always think the bathtub is not clean enough, so I rather shower.

1. profile image0

I hear you and agree, the tub needs to be clean!

8. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I only have a shower in my tiny flat, so I'm Team Shower. But showers are great in the morning, since the fast running water produces negative ions which energize.

9. chrissie123 profile image60
    chrissie123posted 13 years ago

I am definitely a shower person. I can't remember the last time I took a bath it is just so much easier to take a shower to me lol smile

10. Pam S. profile image60
    Pam S.posted 13 years ago

O' I LOVE Baths......It's where I read my books and just relax...Baths all the way.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

11. healinghands1668 profile image64
    healinghands1668posted 9 years ago

Showers. I hate the idea of sitting in my own filth.

12. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

Showers are so Spartan.   Showers also don't get one as clean as a bath.  Baths are wonderful and cleansing.  The shower is really puritan.  The shower is based upon the premise that bathing is somehow self-indulgent.    The premise behind the shower is that self-indulgence is so.....WRONG.... Baths are a wonderful way to escape the cares of the world to a blissful nirvana.  Nothing like a long, luxuriant bath!
    http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/8516642.png

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

We don't do either here in CA ... we are all kinda dusty at this point.
    (JK not that bad ...  yet! yikes )

Just think, gm!  Here in CA, in a home with a lot of children, they will have to take baths in the same water, kid after kid after kid!
    Well, their parents didn't know there would be a drought!!!! They thought they were being responsible at the time!

I mean it seemed like "A good Idea at the Time!" tongue

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is an UNSANITARY practice to have children bathe in the SAME bath water.  Egad, children are human beings worthy of dignified treatment.  Really?!  It is LIKE what I have thought and stated before on the VERY SAME SUBJECT (you and I KNOW THAT VERY SUBJECT)! 
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12710235.jpg
      Oh my God............Really?!
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12185565.jpg
      We do this ALL THE TIME to our children.  It's GOOD PRACTICE.
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12696871.jpg
      This is beyond revolting.  You can at least use CLEAN bath water.....Oh dear God (is aghast)!
      http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12485204.jpg
      What the..........!
      http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/9004496.png
      Oh dear, where has civilization and culture gone...........Back to the DARK AGES..........(making a nasty face)
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/9218105.jpg
      (Having a VERY SHOCKED expression, never saying a word)

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

lol  lol  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)