jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

how to escape from spams

1. mandarine profile image60
    mandarineposted 8 years ago

i hate to see my email crowded with spams messages. i mark them as junk but they continue to arrive and arrive and arrive ...brrrrrrr.Doesn't anybody know how to escape?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Gmail is great for filtering your spam email, they catch most of it.

1. mandarine profile image60
      mandarineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes I agree, gmail is very good.I have recently made an account in gmail but my old account is with yahoo

1. 61
        ladyvenusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just 2 days ago a man just commented to me and I was afraid Of what he said I didn't know him but he introduced himself I duno it he was a spam.

3. Squimpleton profile image60
    Squimpletonposted 8 years ago

I have an email account that gets no spam whatsoever.

That's because I don't give it out. I sign up for sites I trust (photobucket, squidoo, hubpages, and some affiliates).

The more you sign up for websites, the more likely you are to receive spam as some of them lie about their privacy policy. So be careful what websites you choose to sign up with.

1. maidouxixi profile image60
      maidouxixiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

well ,I am approval of your opinion.Later on ,you should sign up some websites people trust .Pay attention to  your efficiency rather than speed .Good luck.

4. Edwin Clark profile image85
    Edwin Clarkposted 8 years ago

There really is no escape. Spammers usually work together and pass around other people's emails to other spammers. Just a vicious circle.

5. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

Never leave comments on other peoples' blogs you don't know because usually it ask for your email and the owner of that blog might end up selling your email to spammers.

6. AsherKade profile image77
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

ironically, most of my Hub mail goes to the spamfolder big_smile
    I have never understood why. If I change the settings, I might get penis enlargement spam ads though...so I guess I'll just have to contend ith the way things are....

7. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

The ones I hate are those that have the dates like: 08/14/36 or 08/14/38 when today is 08/12/09 and always about 100 of these a day! Of course they end up in the spam folder, but to find those that somehow end up in the spam folder that I want to see I have to go through the spam folder.
    You would think with technology today that any decent email provider would be able to detect these types of email and disallow them.