jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Color Blocking

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

What is your take on color blocking?

I have long wanted color blocking on fitness clothing to add to the appearance of slimless.  Is the new color blocking helpful to the female figure?  Why or why not?

What are your favorite color blocking designs?

2. celeb_prankster profile image61
    celeb_pranksterposted 5 years ago

I'm curious, so I bump this thread up.

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Color blocking is the new "fashion trend", it is bright bold colors in blocks.

I don't care for it myself - I prefer a color and cut that makes me look taller.

4. celeb_prankster profile image61
    celeb_pranksterposted 4 years ago

That looks good, indeed smile

5. Hui (蕙) profile image58
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

Color blocking is a bold and overstated design. Whether I like it or not depends on specific style and colors. For example, in the picture, I do like No. 2, and 7 and 13 are ok, but I really don't like No. 1, 8 and 12. And I don't think it is much helpful for slimless. By contrast, wide and lateral blocks help reveal the physical bigness.

1. Laura Schneider profile image94
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like #4 a lot, but you'd have to be tall and skinny to pull it off. In general I'm in favor of color blocking--I hope it stays partially in fashion at all times because it affords designers and wearers many options and is striking if done well.

6. AshtonFirefly profile image82
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

I personally am not fond of the style. I prefer colors that blend and seem to flow smoothly into one another. However, some women can pull off the look very well.

7. pinklemonadegirl profile image91
    pinklemonadegirlposted 3 years ago

I love color blocking simply because I love a bunch of different colors in my clothes! I think the trick to color blocking is choosing shades of the same color family like in different hues (royal blue and sky blue) or choose complementary colors (black and white). smile  I am not sure if color blocking in general is slimming though, but if the dress is something like the this
    I am sure it will look really slimming. smile

8. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 3 years ago

Color blocking is the "in" thing and yes it works well. The trick is getting the right or appropriate color combinations to work for you. Mixing black with certain colors can enhance your look or appearance. On slim people, it rocks!

On people with some extra weight, it can help to conceal those parts not wanting too much attention by taking the eye elsewhere...

1. Laura Schneider profile image94
      Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are SO right, Cheeky Girl! Colorblocking chosen to enhance a person's figure or detract from a flaw takes advantage of optical illusion in a brilliant way. But, being bold, be careful that you choose the right pattern and colors for your body type and personality. Example: vertical angles in the middle will hide extra pounds, horizontal stripes will shorten and fatten, vertical stripes (especially lightly hourglass-shaped) will slenderize and heighten a person. See: both lines are the same length  <----->     >-----<  but optical illusion, as is done in color blocking, tricks the perception. #12 and #13 in the picture at the top will slenderize any tummy, but it can't work magic. To answer your original question, GmaGoldie, color blocking on fitness clothing gets 2 thumbs up from me! (short, tiny bit of a tummy)