jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Whats your routine?

1. Saloca profile image89
    Salocaposted 5 years ago

Whats your facial skin care routine and what products do you use?
    I'll start...

I'm the old style cleanse/tone/moisturise twice a day and only ever use products from the Simple brand. I use a nose pore strip once a week to remove the excess oils and dirt from my nose too. I'd love to weane myself off the products and use something more organic and home made but have yet to take on that challenge!

1. Alice in Wonder profile image60
      Alice in Wonderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use Dove unsented soap.  Diluted ACV,as a toner.  Sugar mixed with Dove soap to exfoliate.  Aloe vera plant gel, with steam. And rubbing alcohol on a washcloth to remove blackheads around the nose.  The above, as needed. Works for me, old school smile Nearly 50.
      Looking forward to future posts.

1. Saloca profile image89
        Salocaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Diluted ACV?
        Sounds like you have a nice combination of store bought and organic there!  I'm definatly going to try mixing sugar with my face wash, seems so obvious and easy!

2. MakeUpByObie profile image60
      MakeUpByObieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

More organic uses:
      Wash: Plain oatmeal
      Toner: Rose water
      Moisturize: jojoba oil

Masks: yogurt for more moisture

2. Ellarose92 profile image61
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

I use a lot of products i make myself like surgar scrubs and i also use neutrogena face wash and toner with olay moisturizer for my face, i even wrote a hub about my skin care regimens and my homemade facials haha, if you have simple ingrents like plain yogurt honey, and bananas it really makes the skin feel soft and clean!

1. Alice in Wonder profile image60
      Alice in Wonderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Honey and Yogurt mixed equally as a face mask works to really soften the skin and evens out skin tone.

3. AmyEliza profile image60
    AmyElizaposted 4 years ago

I just posted my routine in another thread haha. I'll go more in depth.

-Remove makeup with a 50/50 mixture of water and extra virgin olive oil
    -Boil water and steam face for 5 minutes
    -Wash face with Neutrogena facial wash for sensitive skin. Soap is for the body and takes away essential oils the face needs. If you have oily skin and you use a bar of soap to wash your face that might be why.
    -I exfoliate usually using a facecloth or loofah when my facial cleanser is still on my face, but I do use St. Ives apricot facial scrub sometimes. Using a face cloth or loofah on your face if you have very sensitive skin is not a good idea.
    -After my face is rinsed I take a mixture of 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 egg white and rub it on my face. I let it sit for 15 minutes.
    -Rinse the facial mask off and wash with facial cleanser again
    -Apply Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Astringent Toner to my face. Some people say don’t since alcohol dries out the skin, but it works well on my skin. If I don’t use it I will break out. When I use it my face will clear up in 2 days max.
    -Moisturize with Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free for sensitive skin

I only use the facial mask every couple of weeks. It helps rejuvenate the skin, makes it firmer and supple. I do everything else everyday minus the steaming and my skin is very clear.

4. alipuckett profile image83
    alipuckettposted 4 years ago

Wow!  So many good ideas here!

I use an exfoliant scrub in the shower, then a toner when I get out, and top it all off with a moisturizer.  RIght now, I'm using Burt's Bees products.