jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Return to Fashionable Summer Gloves

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Now that spring is here, summer is around the corner.  I love the formal look of gloves and every spring hope for the return to fashionable summer gloves.

Is this the year?

Angelina Jolie wore summer gloves in her last movie but alas I have not seen this fashion trend take off.

Your thoughts?

1. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can still remember when I wore gloves - yes, I am indeed that old smile
      I would like to see gloves come back in style again.  They are so "Grace Kelly".
      All it would take is for the teen agers to begin wearing them, or someone like "Lady Gaga" and gloves would be in again!

2. circavconsignment profile image59
      circavconsignmentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

my store circa vintage consignment as over 500 pairs of vintage gloves. we would love to see gloves come back. Such elegance!
      www.circavconsignment.com

2. CASE1WORKER profile image83
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i should imagine that fashionable summer gloves are as necessary as an understated tie pin for your other half

1. rich2630 profile image61
      rich2630posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It seems a nice and kool idea!

3. CASE1WORKER profile image83
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i must admit I have not worn day gloves since I was invited to Buck house, some 30 years ago

1. rich2630 profile image61
      rich2630posted 6 years ago in reply to this

if its hot..u def look odd wearing gloves n i guess neither ones body temp wud allow that..lol

4. fashionscene profile image59
    fashionsceneposted 6 years ago

I LOVED how elegeant the ladies looked back then wearing gloves!  My grandmother gave me her white gloves from the 50s and I'm definitely trying to incorperate it into my outfits. It's going to be difficult in a few weeks when the heat hits above 100 here smile My boyfriend says he hates holding my hand with gloves on, oh well, I feel so graceful when I wear it smile

-vocalcoach and case, you look too young to remember those times!

working