jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

are your friends your friends because u r beautiful? ..whats a nerd?

1. Gillme profile image60
    Gillmeposted 5 years ago

I have too many friends. Everybody says I'm beautiful. But when u see a girl or a guy and they're not u say they are ugly. Is that the right thing to do - NO! So how do I know if my friends r only my friends because Im beautiful or they actually r my friends?
    2 - I study well, hope i'm going to do good...so would that make me a nerd? But I don't even wear glasses and no-one calls me a nerd.
    3- Do people bully otheres because they r self-concious?
    4th - Can teachers be wrong?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you over 18?

1. 2uesday profile image89
        2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your line of thought uninvited writer.

Gillme you need to be very careful on the internet, not everyone is who they pretend to be.

I could sign up to a web-site and pretend to befriend you as another teenage girl but in reality I could be an older man/woman 'grooming' you and being a friend to you in order to take advatage of you.

I just am worried about the vulnerablity you are showing in your questions. 

That is why uninvited writer is concerned about your age and why HubPages does not allow under 18s on here.

As to your question, as a teenager looks are important, friends are important, and sometimes they seem more important than your family.

If you enjoy people paying you attention because you are attractive well thats OK, just keep in mind that your life will change a lot over the coming years and try not to do anything foolish that will spoil it... you know what I mean...drinking too much so you might do things you regret, taking drugs that will end up ruling your life, or having a baby while you are still growing up into who you want to be.

Enjoy who you are, friends will come and go, some will stay, only time will show who they are. Talk to your family, let them guide you and most of all keep your wits about you and  take care of yourself. Sorry, I've got to go now.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

This is the "politics ans Social issues" forum page.

... sorry that high school sucks, I suggest getting mad at the fact that schooling is a government required mandate for all young'uns.

One of the most important things I've learned in life is that there is no special mold you should form in to. Everyone tells you "be nice" and "don't lie" and "study hard", but they never tell you why.

The only reason do to those things is to build a strong reputation that you can rely on when trying to get jobs and the sort - no one wants to work with a sleaze ball.

And last but not least: if you want to be taken seriously, learn to type with proper grammar and spelling. When I see people typing "y r u mad lolz" I just brush them off as idiots.

Gillmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No like.....why are people hypocrites but mainly .... R MY FRIENDS MY FRIENDS BECAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL? Because if that;s true then they r only my friends because I am pretty and that's not the way I want it to be.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...errrr....gillme...you're definitely showing your  age - grade 8 did ya say?.....no - people are not friends because of the outside shell - it's all about the inside...unless maybe when you are in grade 8

...now, when you get older - you just might have 'friends' because you have money.........

OK...were u trying to help me...or TEASE me? (Just kidding) smile Because that definitely DID NOT help me out there! smile smile

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please look at the fact that you're calling yourself beautiful and that you are assuming that your friends are leeching off of your beauty.

Humility, please.

No it's bugging me. People caliing people beautiful and others ugly. No offense. thats all i meant. But thanks

1. Le_connaisseur profile image60
            Le_connaisseurposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1- Your friends are not your friends because of beauty. Remember, beauty is relative. I'm sure you have friends prettier than you! As "SomewayOuttaHere said, people will like you one day for your money.

By the way, you call yourself [beautiful] because people always tell you you are. Get over it. If you don't, you gonna lose your good friends and get bad girls with bad habits as friends and that can easily affect your IQ thus, your education.

2- Being smart doesn't make you a nerd. Being a nerd doesn't mean one has to wear glasses. (I wear glasses, am I a nerd?).

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I'm not buying this childish cry for attention.

Get over yourself and try to remember when you mature psychologically enough, that what others think of you is none of your business.

4. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Devil's Advocate question:

Is this person really a 14 year old girl who's too beautiful for this world, or is (s)he an adult with a sock puppet account?

To the OP: if you really are 14 years old, I apologise - but the trouble with the Internet (and real life too, come to that) is that you see so many people pretending to be something that they're not that you end up getting very, very cynical.

Which ties in with what 2uesday was saying: there are a few people online who will pretend to be your friend/contemporary, when actually they're adults whose real intentions are much more sinister.

5. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Well either way it now says the OP has now been banned - on their profile page. If this was the second attempt to sign up under the age of 18 then by for a third persona, and if it was a sock-puppet then they may already be here on HubPages, somewhere as someone. roll smile

I may have been fooled, but I do n't regret posting the warning as I am concerned about kids getting into situations that are a risk to them on the internet.

6. luciano63 profile image79
    luciano63posted 5 years ago

First of all are you sure you are beautiful? Because beauty is a very subjective topic...
    Second: if people want to be your friends only for your supposed beauty..it means that something is wrong with you...or how you communicate with others.
    3rd: I had many very beautiful girlfriends in my past (beautiful for me), however all those experiences have been very difficult to keep alive because they were very intelligent and determined and ambitious so...relationships became a sort of match between passion and disaster....

Just live your life and do not give too much importance to your fortunate (we want to see a photo...) look! In this way you will relate to others correctly and the right people will be attracted by you and your personality...and also by something else (but not only for that!).

7. cupess001writing profile image61
    cupess001writingposted 5 years ago

Is beauty everlasting ? Of course not. I'd never interested in old woman but I appreciate her as an old woman.