jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hair Help - The New Stylist Burnt my Hair

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Help!  I had a new stylist and I believe my hair is burnt.  I have no shine and it feels like straw.  Also, my husband says it is red.

What is a girl to do?

1. Joe Macho profile image92
      Joe Machoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know I'm a guy, but I had long hair that my girlfriend decided to burn taking a straightening thing to it. The only way to go if its really damaged is to trim off the affected hair. If your hair is burnt enough that it is showing split ends, you're really not going to  be able to salvage it. If you don't trim it, the split ends will just get worse and move up your hair. Sorry to hear, and who knows, an actual girl might chime in with another option.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image59
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

Whatever you do, don't try and fix it at home.  One wrong move on your part and it may start to break off.  That happened to one of my best friends one time and her hair started to snap off about 2" from her scalp, and it was shoulder length at the time.

Make sure to let the salon where you had your hair done know that you aren't happy about what happened.  They should offer to have a more experienced stylist fix your hair and make sure their new girl gets more training and monitoring.

If they aren't reputable enough to offer to fix their mistake, call other local salons and find out who has someone who specializes in fixing burnt hair and adjusting color that's wrong.

1. Ellarose92 profile image60
      Ellarose92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

couldn say this better myself! its not worth fixin it yourself