jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Feathers for hair

1. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Any opinions? Only for the very young or and individual choice?

1. holdenh13 profile image75
      holdenh13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's so strange.  I live in Louisiana and I haven't once seen any girl here wear a feather.  I think it could go for anyone up north, I suppose, though...

2. Morena88 profile image83
      Morena88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I purchased some feather hair extensions online a few months ago. I loved the look of them, but when I took them out, they took out a lot of the hair they were attached to (they were attached to my hair with a small clamp). Haven't used them since, but may put some in at a later time.

If it's something you want to try, you should! If you're concerned about it being "too young" you can try using feathers that are neutral in colour (tan, brown, grey, black).

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It's actually ridiculous looking. lol

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image67
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Unless your a Vegas showgirl, feathers belong on the birds....

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, that would be one exception to the case. Otherwise, I'll agree, keep feathers on birds or whichever animal they belong to or on. lol

4. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

Funny you mention that, I just wrote a hub on the issue.  Thousands and thousands of roosters are loosing their lives for these feathers... all in the name of vanity.  It irks me to no end.  If you're gonna get feathers in your hair, get SYNTHETIC ones.

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't rain on my parade everyone. One person has to be on my side. They are six inches long and less than one inch wide. It is hardly noticeable. A hubber wrote a hub with beautiful pictures of feathers on people. I guess it is up to the individual. lol  People think it is a huge feather, I guess. I will have to read the hub woodscribe43.

2. dabneylewis profile image61
      dabneylewisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've read your that Hub on which you've discussed this issue.... And I truly go with you anyone want to get feathers go for synthetic one

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  I just ordered some more synthetic ones today to put in some of my girls' friends hair.  In fact, the synthetic ones are less fragile... they don't rip or tear as readily.  I appreciate the fact that you read the hub.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Hey! no knocking feathers tongue  wearing feathers is part of the NA culture lol though for fashion purposes - I'd recommend the synthetic ones too wink

6. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

honestly i dont really care so much for them some people it looks really nice tho but its just a fad so eventually no one will do it anymore, i personally dont like it it looks nice with a few but ive seen people wit 10 and it's just to overdone but i say a few is okay! and only if synthtic because does anone really need a real one in their hair?

7. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 5 years ago

I think it's a fad that's not really a fad, but mainstream is trying to make it gain traction to earn $$$.  I have yet to see one person wear a feather in their hair, besides on the infomercial.  Now pajama jeans, that's a whole different story! smile

working