jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is teeth whitening procedure?

1. 61
    wondersmilesposted 4 years ago

A popular method for treating moderately stained or discolored teeth is bleaching. These stains often can not be removed with regular professional cleanings. The most popular method of bleaching is the at-home method. There are a few good products out on the market that are dispensed by dentists. I do not suggest to use the off the shelf variety. They can cause more harm than good. First, the dentist makes a mold of your teeth and makes a custom mouth tray. The mouth tray will hold the bleaching material against the tooth surface without concentrating the agent on the gum tissue. If the material contacts the gum tissue to long the gum tissue can be irritated or even burned. The tray is worn 1/2 hour to 2 hours per day and a noticeable improvement usually takes place within 2 weeks. Some bleaching agents say you can wear them all night but your teeth may get very sensitive after doing this. You may continue using the product until you reach your desired whiteness. Sometimes you can not achieve the desired whiteness and will have to settle for something less. The dentist may have you come in periodically to check the progress and the reaction to the gum tissue, if any. After you have lightened your teeth, you may need to periodically (once every couple of months) bleach them for a session to keep the whiteness.

1. sportgames profile image61
      sportgamesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I always go to a dentist for teeth whitening, is the best way.....

2. Tabiee profile image61
    Tabieeposted 4 years ago

Strawberry could be used for teeth whitening. Rub a strawberry daily on your teeth. It will definitely whiten your teeth!

3. everythingdazzles profile image82
    everythingdazzlesposted 4 years ago

I would recommend Zoom Whitening it can be pricey around 250.00 but it lasts. You will got 6 shades lighter and then they give you some trays to re whiten at home in the following years. Some claim Zoom is painful, but I felt zero pain. I had one zing as I was leaving the dentist office and it was nothing. I love my white teeth now.

4. Hugh Williamson profile image90
    Hugh Williamsonposted 4 years ago

You don't even want to know what was used for whitening teeth throughout most of ancient Roman history.

http://www.carbamideperoxide.net/teeth- … /index.htm

...and it's free.

5. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

After the professional whitening, to keep my teeth bright, I now use Dr. George's - he was the original inventor. The price is reasonable once you have the trays.

I had the tray customized at the dentist.

One of the most important items for personal grooming.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

The kind you use while in a tanning bed has worked well for me.