jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Lip Balm

1. cre8ivOne profile image82
    cre8ivOneposted 4 years ago

Hey guys and gals,

I have had a cold the past few days and my nose is so stuffy and my lips are dry.  I am looking for a decent lip balm that could help.  What works best for you?

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try plain old Vaseline.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try regular coconut oil or pure shea butter.  Both are non greasy and nourish the lips.

3. MakeUpByObie profile image60
      MakeUpByObieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Vaseline is great but it is a bit greasy. I wear it at night before I go to bed, but for during the day, try to find a lip balm that is pure shea butter or coconut oil.

4. everythingdazzles profile image82
      everythingdazzlesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally burt's bee's or smackers Dr. Pepper Chapstick are pretty awesome.

2. irishgrl06 profile image60
    irishgrl06posted 4 years ago

i love the regualr chapatick brand the blue one.  It is the moisture type. Its great and keeps your lips soft moist.

3. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

What coutrepopcafe said... they're the best!

I hope you feel better soon.

4. 60
    mame8posted 4 years ago

i recommend nivea and chapstick! i love those two! smile

5. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

I recommend two that I've been using.  One is by Aveda and uses olive oil to keep your lips moist.  The other is Yes to Carrots which is mostly made from coconut oil. I believe both are paraben free so you don't have to keep applying it to your lips in order to stay moist.

6. Shuting Star profile image61
    Shuting Starposted 4 years ago

try some honey with a few drops of lemon.It will not only heal your lips but give them a pleasant rosy color as well.Must Try.

7. Alecia Murphy profile image89
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

Burt's Bees is good. I also have the new day and nite lip balm from Blistex that seems to help. At night I like Vaseline to seal in the moisture. I have allergies as well so I know where you're coming from. Good luck!