Easily save money on automotive costs

1. 60
    nnjskierposted 7 years ago

With the price of gas coming down, people are starting to use their cars and trucks like they did in the past. Hopefully next year the price of gas won't affect the boating industry like it did this past summer.

One of the easiest things I did was join a gas club. Similar to Costco, BJ's, or Sams Club, I joined the Gas Master Members Only Discount Club. The site is thegasmasteronline dot com.  Backed by Visa, I get 20% off of the gas cards I purchase, up to $300/month. I pay a yearly fee like the other discount stores, every card I get is 20% off. It works where ever Visa is accepted, including marinas. It's not limited to gas either. You can also use it for diesel fuel too, or items in the gas station store (though things aren't that cheap in those stores).

There are simple little tricks to help save on costs. Some are pretty simple, yet people don't seem to follow them. I always try to plan my errands with gas in mind. I try to make sure I'm near the cheapest gas stations when I'm low on gas. I also combine my errands, and not make solo trips.

I like to use coupons. I use the side compartment on my door for the coupons. This way I don't have to make a trip home in case I forget them.

I also make sure my tires are properly inflated, change my oil every 3000 miles, change the air filter every 15000 miles, and get a tune up every 25000 miles.

I car pool when possible. If everyone were to carpool, it would cut down on traffic, pollution, and cost.

Overall, it's nice seeing the gas prices come down. Hopefully they will keep coming down, but with the economy being what it is, who knows what will happen with gas prices in the future.