jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

1. Gilroye profile image61
    Gilroyeposted 4 years ago

Somewhere i have read that excess of washing face can cause acne problem...is it true...???
    share your opinion with me...

1. Smart is Good profile image76
      Smart is Goodposted 4 years ago

Yes, it does. I used to have really bad acne and got a lot of really good advice from my dermatologist. When you wash your face more that two times a day you might think you're getting rid of all the oil, but your face actually gets dry and over produces oil to moisturise the dryness causing you pores to clog causing breakouts. You should wash your face only in the morning and before you go to bed, If the oil in your face is a problem, don't wash it but use special wipes to remove oil and dirt.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
        Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This. Don't over-wash. It backfires.

2. MissUgly profile image61
      MissUglyposted 4 years ago

I think it's true! a couple of years ago I had skin verging on "acne" so I stopped  cleansing or washing my skin properly every day - maybe just splashing it with water! and my skin soon cleared up! All these adverts for these amazing spot cleansers are normally RUBBISH- everyone's skin is different!

1. MarleneB profile image94
        MarleneBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes! The same thing happened to me. I would just "wash" with water at night and my skin is so much better. At first, I was wondering if I was doing the right thing, but I am glad to see from this forum that other people do it too. So, I think I'll continue to be gentle to my skin.

3. acneskincareonlin profile image60
      acneskincareonlinposted 2 years ago

I think washing face many times 6-7 times create problems of acne or other things. As soaps also have their side effects.