jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)

Gold or Silver Jewelry, which do you prefer? ?

1. 60
    Brianna Stuartposted 4 years ago

I'm just curious to see whether or not you would choose one over the other and why. smile

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like them both, but I wear gold more often. I am a read-head with lots of gold in my skin-tone, and I just think gold looks more flattering with my coloring.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I prefer gold, but wear silver. I am practical about the market value and stuff, but with hair color, eyes, skin tone - silver is it.

2. 60
    Brianna Stuartposted 4 years ago

That sounds nice. Gold seems to complement my skin tone too smile

3. Smart is Good profile image76
    Smart is Goodposted 4 years ago

I prefer Silver or bronze. If I wear gold I feel like the pope.

1. 60
      Brianna Stuartposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard that before, thanks smile

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

I like them both. I'll go for which ever looks good with my particular outfit.

1. 60

Okay, I agree with that.

5. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 4 years ago

Definitely SILVER for me! I like silver a lot and it fits with what I do... research on legends, myth, etc. Silver pendants, silver bullets, you know how it goes... I don't, however, wear any garlic jewellery to repel vampires yet as my garlic necklace made people flee from me last time I tried wearing it. Silver will have to do for me, for now smile

1. 60

Haha thank you, the garlic necklace made me laugh.

6. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 4 years ago

I prefer gold - if times get rough, you can always sell your gold jewelry! Silver seems too cold and doesn't have the fire and sizzle of pure gold:)

1. 60

Great answer, I tend to lean more towards gold, thank you smile

7. SilkThimble profile image90
    SilkThimbleposted 4 years ago

I definitely prefer silver as it suits my coloring much better than does gold.

8. shoeclub profile image61
    shoeclubposted 4 years ago

I am allergic to gold so I am forced to wear silver all the time. I kind of like it a bit better anyways, but maybe that's because I dont have much of a choice!

9. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

Silver for everyday jewelry, for special occasions, gold.

10. Jefferson Faudan profile image60
    Jefferson Faudanposted 2 years ago

i have a couple of silver, stainless steel and gold (more gold though). on a normal day and i just don't want to get robbed, i wear those stainless steel with 14K or 18K accents.

However, when i go to certain places where I know the crowd are of better standing in business and professionals or semi-formal, I often wear gold with a diamond. Most business-casuals after 6 I mix white/yellow gold with some diamond.

Silver, i hardly wear them... it's like something i'll just wear when I am in casuals....but even my silver items have a gold accent. This is because I am acidic and silver tarnishes within a day leaving the metal dull and have acid marks. Another reason I hardly purchase silver is due to the difficulty of it to liquidate, which is why I prefer gold.

How much I wear my jewelry or layer my jewelry depends on my get up.. if it's formal, since I cannot pile them, i chose a few but thicker strand to stand out. If it's after 6 business-casual I layer them.

11. palegirlproblems profile image75
    palegirlproblemsposted 2 years ago

I only wear gold. It's always seemed to match my style more than silver. I see gold as more flashy/bold and silver as more conservative/classic

12. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I prefer silver, mainly just for look but I think it also has more of a working clash rather than 'lux' image which I prefer.

13. Thelma Alberts profile image81
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

I used both. It depends on what I wear.

14. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Depends upon the outfit.   I wear silver with my silver, white, black shoes with my black dresses and outfits.   I wear gold with my gold, off white, ivory, and leopard shoes which gives a dash to my black outfits.