jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

what are your thought on vintage clothing?

1. Smart is Good profile image76
    Smart is Goodposted 4 years ago

Would you raid your mum's and granny's closet to search for treasures? or do you go thrift shopping? What are your favourite vintage pieces of clothing or accessories to wear? For me is a leopard print choker that my grandma gave me earlier today and she told me she had made it herself with a piece of fabric she cut off of a gorgeous dress.

1. georgiecarlos profile image59
      georgiecarlosposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love looking for vintage stuff as long as it's still in good shape. One of my best finds was and old Chanel bag that used to be from my Mom's aunt. I also love finding accessories such as sunglasses and jewelry. I think integrating a few vintage pieces to our current/modern clothes makes it more interesting

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

...no vintage clothing...but have some of my grandmother's costume jewellery...it'll be back in style one day...maybe....it's pretty nice though...they don't make costume jewellery like that anymore....and i have one piece from a great great aunt that died in her 106th year...it looks like something from the titanic era...i think it has some monetary value as well as sentimental value even though i never met her...it's pretty a special piece.

3. 0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

I love vintage clothing.  I have quite the collection and found them all at second hand stores.  I have a pair of original go go boots from Fascinators with the product label inside, very cool.  I prefer one of a kinds versus what every one is wearing.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

When it comes to vintage clothing, I would not know what to look for unless I went to a store that specialized in it.  Also, I find most pieces well-made, but they are meant for tiny women.  I do know costume jewelry and the identifying marks.  I don't have a big family to leave me with the old and sentimental pieces, but I do have a ring from my dad that is from the art deco period.  Like jenubouka, I don't like being cookie cutter when it comes to clothing.  Or anything else!