jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Where did you get your tattoo and who is your artist?

1. odeisa profile image60
    odeisaposted 4 years ago

I am on vacation here in California and I am planning to get a tattoo while I am here.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I got mine at Tattoo Mania on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.  I can't remember the artist... I can't remember much about that night besides having a blast at Whiskey a Go Go.

odeisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha! This reminds me of The Hangover 2. Sorry, can't help it. Thank you for sharing.

2. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

Did you know that the FDA is too busy to actually regulate the tattoo industry, and particularly tattoo inks?  And did you know that there are ingredients common in tattoo inks, that are illegal in topical cosmetics (yet will be injected under your skin for a tattoo)?  Best of luck, and I sincerely hope you never develop an auto-immune disorder.

Hmmm. I did not know that. Thank you for letting me know. I assume that you are not keen on getting a tattoo. Hoping to get other people's take on this.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for being so gracious.  I did some research a while back for a HubMob hub.  I think the best source of info that I found was from a European commission. 

There definitely are some tattoo enthusiasts on the site though.

3. SopranoRocks profile image60
    SopranoRocksposted 4 years ago

I am getting my first tattoo this coming fall.  I will be celebrating the weight loss from my gastric bypass. I have been throwing some ideas around - I want something meaningful and unique.  I'm going to make some sketches and add a quote (dunno which one yet).  I have also been looking online and there are some great sites where you can toss around ideas with tattoo artists all over the world (I have a few bookmarked if you want the URLs).  For a price, some will make a sketch for you to print to bring to your local tattoo parlor.  You can also see ratings of artists and portfolios.  I just Google and look everywhere for ideas and possible artists.  Giving myself a lot of time to decide - it will be permanent after all!  Keep us posted on what you decide smile

hey SopranoRocks! yes, can you give me the URLs that you have? I am planning on getting one for my wrist - a tree.

1. Smart is Good profile image61
        Smart is Goodposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think wrist is the best place for a first tattoo. It's painless, personal and nice looking. I tattooed the word "Fearless" with an infinite symbol on the f. It looks really good and I get compliments all the time. A tree sounds really good. I've seen pictures of wrist tree tattoos and they look super mysterious and pretty.

2. SopranoRocks profile image60
        SopranoRocksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yey thanks!

4. odeisa profile image60
    odeisaposted 4 years ago

Aw, thanks 'Smart'! I could use that encouragement. I like the word 'Fearless', it reminds of Taylor Swift's song...and I used it for a video presentation I made for my father for his 60th. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

5. odeisa profile image60
    odeisaposted 4 years ago

oh....and does it hurt?

working