Are Uggs More Desirable Promoted As American or as Australian?

1. American_Choices profile image83
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

Wikipedia reports Uggs are now manufactured by Deckers:

"Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ: DECK) is a footwear manufacturer based in Goleta, California, United States. It began in 1973 as a sandal producer, run by Doug Otto.[1] Deckers currently manufactures seven brands: Teva, UGG Australia, Simple Shoes, Sanuk, Tsubo, Ahnu and Mozo.[2]"

IF the consumer knew the shoes were now really American, would this fact diminish the demand for this famous brand?

Also does anyone know if Ugg moved the production of UGG from Australia to America when they were bought out?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

well..i'm not an ugg fan, however a shoe/boot brand i like is made in Britain..some stores in NA also sell the brand but with shoes/boots made in China.  i could feel the difference because of the quality - the leather was of poor quality. i didn't bother comparing the construction of them after i felt the difference, and of course didn't buy the ones coming from China even though they were priced lower.  i guess where i'm going is, that if the american made uggs are of similar or better quality, the american made product should catch on and probably sell just as well, if priced right.

3. Smart is Good profile image75
    Smart is Goodposted 4 years ago

doesn't matter. It's a horrible trend