jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Considering breast implants

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago via iphone

There are so many decisions to be made when choosing to have breast augmentation: Profile (high, moderate, moderate plus), over or under the muscle, saline or silicone, round or tear-drop shaped, and incision (nipple, underarm, or under the breast). If anyone has any advice or suggestions or personal or professional experience I would love to hear it. Thanks.

1. JPhillipi profile image60
      JPhillipiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The most basic question is why do you want to in the first place? Answer that question first, then weigh the costs including any scars might be left. The other decisions should be researched by you, so you can verify your doctors direction(suggestions).

2. Ramsa1 profile image69
        Ramsa1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why are you having this done? Do you really need it? I'm not a health care professional but I think that you should consider the potential negatives of implants. I would also say that you are more than beautiful the way you are.

2. mcgreg28 profile image60
      mcgreg28posted 4 years ago

You can check out the breast implant forum. Lots of info (personal and professional there).

3. webclinician profile image60
      webclinicianposted 4 years ago

I will suggest asking your surgeon what he/she thinks and ask for some time to think about it. You can go crazy thinking all month and then you may agree with what the surgeon might say anyway.

4. LilaDaley profile image74
      LilaDaleyposted 4 years ago

First off, why do you want breast implants?  Many women think that they look great and only add to your physical look.  They forget all the other stuff like recovery time, scars, problems down the road. 

I don't have breast implants BUT my small boobs where were a 34A are now 36D and HUGE to me.  I gained some weight and it seems most of it went straight to my chest.  Now my male co-workers spend time looking at my chest and not my face, delivery guys only look at my boobs and some yoga poses are impossible to do as they boobs get in the way (child's poise).  They get sore when I sleep on my stomach and the move around a lot when I walk no matter how great a bra I got on.  I don't wear low cut tops and I do not show them off.

My point is that sure your bikini might look better BUT there are other things to think about to having larger boobs.

I would do anything to get rid of my larger boobs and go back to being almost flat.  I prefer to be taken serious when I talk to people.

5. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

If you're thinking of having breast implants bear in mind that:

You're choosing to have major surgery under a general anaesthetic (usually), and therefore putting yourself at a small but real risk of infection or even death.

You will need to get your boobs done again some years down the line, since implants have a finite lifespan.

Depending on what type of material they're made from, your implants will put you at risk of side effects.

It will cost you money! Lots of money. (Well, to me it would be lots of money, that would be better spent on... I don't know, food and rent and stuff.)

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would actually choose to have breast implants.

6. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
      aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago

This is something I had wanted for over 15 years, not a rash decision. I was smart enough to wait until after children. The disfigured, unwomanly body I was left with after breast feeding was worth it for the benefit of my children, but now that I am done having children I want my figure back. I want to look in the mirror and and be pleased with what I see. Cosmetic surgery has been around for many years an with the right surgeon and practice is very safe. When people break their nose they have a deviated septum repair, when you break a tooth you have it replaced. Well my chest is broken, so I will have it fixed. For myself. A natural looking size. Why wouldn't I?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
        nightwork4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

my wife feels the same way though i don't think she needs them. were actually talking about her getting them , just so she can feel better about her body. i love her body seriously but at the same time i want her to feel good.

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
          aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Couples should support eachother with whatever reasonable things they want go themselves if it will make them happy. I am sure if mens bodies or personal areas went through major changes from bringing life into the world. They would probably look into cosmetic surgery a well.

2. LilaDaley profile image74
        LilaDaleyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What size are you now and what size do you want to be?

1. Cristale profile image88
          Cristaleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Best thing I ever did and have no regrets with that at all!