jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Dandruff Help

1. weavesandbraids profile image71
    weavesandbraidsposted 4 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of natural products that can help with Dandruff?

1. Hui (蕙) profile image57
      Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used to have much dandruff, but have done this problem since a long time ago. The solution for me is the shampoo of header&shoulders. One question is here. Even header&shoulder is an international brand product, there is still difference among local products. For example, header&shoulder in China should be added local formula, which I used and helpful for me many other people I know. So, I am not quite sure.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

When I worked for General Nutrition Centers a while back, we sold herbal supplements which would be great for hair problems, including dandruff. It's been a while and I don't remember which products. hmm

3. 0
    Karin Hiebertposted 3 years ago

Using a dandruff shampoo causes what is known as a rebound effect.
    Which means that the product does help in removing flakes from your scalp...however it is also 'removing' the necessary layer of your scalp that serves to protect your hair follicles.

Using a dandruff shampoo will result in increased dandruff when you stop using it.
    Which is why people continually use it and say 'it works' or express how much worse their dandruff is when not using a dandruff shampoo...

You need to only use a dandruff or scalp penetrating, moisturizing tea tree shampoo once a week.
    If at all...

the key is to use a good mild professional hair salon product, and use a great moisturizing conditioner and concentrate on the scalp area. 

Dry flaky scalp...means it would benefit from conditioner...

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I find dandruff shampoo works just fine.  I use several types revolving about once a month.

5. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago

Depends how severe it is. The only thing that has worked for me is cold tar shampoo, which is expensive and doesn't suggest that it can tackle dandruff, but dermatitis.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I've heard a lot of good things about scalp brushing - essentially brushing well enough to remove the build up on your scalp regularly and stimulate the scalp and massage it at the same time.

7. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

No matter how severe coconut oil will usually do the trick. Just rub in your scalp 3 times a week, let sit for 20 minutes, then shampoo. Once it's under control you can reduce down to once or twice a week.

1. LeanChick profile image60
      LeanChickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Coconut oil is the way to go.  Nourishes the scalp and prevents against dandruff.  Also makes for a great hair mask.

8. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

May or may not be relevant, but my husband had real trouble getting rid of his dandruff - until he discovered he didn't have it.

What he had was a very dry, flaky scalp.  Dandruff shampoos, which are harsh, were only making it worse.  He switched to a shampoo for dry itchy scalp - problem solved.

9. younghopes profile image83
    younghopesposted 3 years ago

Apply lemon juice mixed with either yoghurt or egg on your hair, doing this once every week will see your dandruff go away, i have tried it out personally and it worked really well for me.