Thing Women Do To Try To Look Better

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

As a man, and one who really appreciates the beauty of nature and the natural beauty of a woman, I can never understand why a woman, any woman spends so much time and effort in things like changing the color or style of their hair, and applying all sorts of makeup to hide the naturalness that God provided for them. From their eyes to their toes, women apply so many different things like eye liner, eye lash makeup eyebrow pencil, lip gloss and lipstick, cheek coloring, then we get into things like nail polish for fingers and toes and lastly cosmetic surgery for face,ears, lips, body you name it.

For me there is nothing more beautiful than a woman with long natural flowing, natural colored hair, no makeup and especialy no cosmetic surgery enhancments to shrink or make bigger the God given features they have.

So Why do women do all this to themselves? Is it for themselves? Do they have that low esteem that they figure they need it? Do they figure it necessary to either attract or keep a man? Do they really believe in their heart of hearts that all this makes them look younger?

Vanity is a woman's curse.   And yes, before you get on my back, Men are just as guilty and are doing some of the same things.

1. landscapeartist profile image61
      landscapeartistposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't wear makeup much at all except when i go out somewhere special.  I don't wear any to work, nor do I wear any nail polish.  I do dye my hair but it is to cover the gray.  I don't believe in growing old gracefully, as I don't feel my age.  I will dye my hair as long as I have it to dye.
      One thing I don't believe in doing is Botox.  I will never do that to my body.

2. profile image0
      mariexotoniposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You probably don't realize that the women you find naturally beautiful, actually spend time on their looks. Don't you want a woman who takes care of herself? To look good for you? Not spending an excessive amount of hours of course to accomplish it. I know my  boyfriend appreciates that I spend time to put myself together to look better for him. He likes that I try for him- even though I don't have to.

Nothing wrong with coloring your hair once in awhile- I don't do it. But sometimes people feel like they need to freshen up their looks, ya know? 

Changing our looks and bettering ourselves helps us to be more confident, and to act confidently- you should take a look at studies done on women who do their makeup and put themselves together. Like uh, girls who do this, often more motivated to exercise for longer amounts of time, and push harder. Confidence does a lot for a person.

I hope this was a serious questions because you are genuinely curious and not some kind of point you're trying to make.

I don't expect you to understand the emphasis that is heavily placed on beauty today. Girls feel like they have to live up to these standards.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Hillary agrees with you. smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

You're a man. You're not expected to understand. Women don't expect you to understand.

However, if you do, then you're a more powerful man and probably very attractive to woman.

I understand why women like to change their appearance and do the things they want to do with their body. It's their life and it's their right to do what they want with their life. It's for them to experience, regardless of what you think.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I don't wear makeup very often. When I do it is for myself, nobody else. I like short hair and I like to keep my hair the same colour it was when I was a child because I feel I look better that way.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Maybe women don't style themselves based solely on appealing to a certain kind of man? Maybe that is just how they want to look?

6. teacherjoe52 profile image61
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

I agree it is a womans personl choice.
    Personally I perfer the natural beauty of a woman.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Depends on the woman, and I appreciate your opinion.  I'm 54, so I was done paying for "beauty" decades ago.  Don't wear makeup, and my hair is past my waist.  Used to buy all kinds of shoes, but now it's all about flats and comfort.  But that's anything I wear.  A lot of beautiful women out there who don't give themselves a lot of credit for their brains and their looks.  Sometimes, makeup, hair,and wardrobe provide an ego boost.  Who really knows what some women are trying to achieve by changing their looks?  You'll have to ask the woman.

8. CraftingTime profile image67
    CraftingTimeposted 11 years ago

I am going to respond to this forum based on my own opinions and feelings.
    Regarding changing our hair color and styles so often; I like the feeling of being in control of myself. If there are things in life I cannot control, I know I can control the color of my hair or how much eye liner I choose to wear.
    No matter how many times a woman is told she is beautiful, there will always be someone we KNOW is more beautiful. That is an awful feeling.
    if we cannot reach Barbie doll status or Angelina Jolie, we are going to try our hardest to be as beautiful as we can be.
    Society says that make-up, fancy clothes, smooth long hair and perfect figure is the only thing beautful can be.
    Its not our fault were like this. Maybe if men stoppped watching explicit videos that have perfect beautful women willing to do anything, we wouldn't feel the need to become that false and fake.

9. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 11 years ago

Dave, you said "For me there is nothing more beautiful than a woman with long natural flowing, natural colored hair, no makeup and especialy no cosmetic surgery enhancments to shrink or make bigger the God given features they have."

You are assuming that all women are natural beauties - that would be nice, but in reality, not that many have long natural flowing hair and some of their (our) features are not particular attractive. I think a woman has a right to do what she can to bring out the best in her, even if that means covering up what she sees to be a flaw. I think women mainly do it for themselves. Don't try too hard to figure women out, or it will drive you crazy : )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)