How to Make your Breasts Smaller Naturally and Without a Breast Reduction Surgery
There are many practical reasons why women don’t always enjoy having large breasts. While men may find their large breasts attractive, large breasts can be uncomfortable and make it difficult to find proper fitting bras and clothing. The average breast size has gone from a B cup to a C cup, so more women may be unhappy with their breast size today than in the past. There are short term changes that can improve the comfort and create a smaller appearance of the breasts and long term changes that can actually make the breasts smaller through diet and exercise. Making the best of the situation can also go a long way in finding happiness. While breast reduction surgery is an option it has many downsides and may be a last resort.
Many women with large breasts complain that they are simply uncomfortable. Large breasts can cause back, neck and shoulder pain. Bras straps that are supporting the weight of the breast can cause painful indentations. Large breasts can be a deterrent to certain exercises, especially jogging. Large breasts can make shopping for clothes that fit properly difficult to find, this is especially true with bathing suits. Large underwire bikini bathing suits are nearly impossible to track down and if you do find any, the selection is poor.
There are effective ways that you can make your breasts appear smaller today and make your breasts shrink in the coming weeks and months.
Changes That You Can Make Today:
Minimizing bras these are widely available! These bras shape the breasts so that they appear smaller; this is especially helpful in fitting into clothes. These bras are comfortable and very effective.
Shop for a better fitting bra. Most shops that sell bras will give you a fitting and can assist you finding a well-fitting bra.
Wear two bras; this is especially good for exercising. Two underwire bras, one layered on top of the other is highly recommended by many large breasted women for exercising. Some women find that sports bras simply press down but don’t support the breast and are uncomfortable. This is a great tip to try!
Clothing to make your breasts look smaller
- Dark colored tops create the visual illusion that your top is smaller than your bottom; pair this with a lighter or colored bottom to enhance this visual illusion.
- Avoid tops that are too tight around the bust area as this will emphasize the breasts.
- Cardigans layered over tank tops can visually minimize the size of the breast by breaking it up.
- Wide legged pants balance out the larger breasts by having something equally or larger at the bottom.
- Wear an A-line skirt, something larger below the waist will help visually balance out the larger breasts.
- Avoid skinny jeans, these jeans work to emphasize the disparity between the small legs and the large breasts.
- Avoid long necklaces as they draw the eye to the breast area, Stick with shorter length necklaces that attract the eye up and away from the breast area.
Evening Primrose Oil Reduces Menstrual Breast Swelling
Long Term Ways to Decrease Breast Size
Now that you know what to wear you might begin feeling optimistic and motivated to make some dietary and exercise changes in your life. If you keep in mind that breasts are 90% fat you can see how losing weight will help to make your breasts smaller.
Lose weight, start today. Remember that breast tissue is 90% fat
Diet; What to eat:
- Work to improve your diet by focusing primarily on whole foods.
- Try increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables throughout the day.
- Watch portion sizes on higher calorie foods like nuts and cheese.
- Evening Primrose Oil is beneficial for alleviating menstrual breast swelling.
Fluids can help too!
- is an antioxidant that helps to cleanse the body and facilitates weight loss. Green Tea
- Drink water throughout the day.
What to avoid:
- High sugar, the body turns this into fat
- Refined and processed foods
Exercise to Decrease Breast Size
Set your exercise goal and stick to it! Find an exercise that you can realistically do on a regular basis. Below are some recommended exercises that take comfort of the large breast into consideration, but you are not limited to this list.
Recommended Aerobic Exercise for 30 minutes a day:
Yoga Can Help Decrease your Breast Size
Anaerobic Ways to Reduce Breast Size
- Push ups
- Weight lifting
If doubling up on a bra or a good sports bra doesn’t allow you to exercise due to pain or discomfort you can start with brisk walking or swimming since these exercises will not add to your pain or discomfort. Aim for 30 minutes a day of aerobic exercise, 6 days a week.
Surgery as a Last Resort:
Committing to a breast reduction surgery should take many considerations into account. If you are in your teens and are unhappy with your breast size you need to realize that your breasts and body will likely change in the future. Making the decision simply based on your appearance now fails to consider what the future holds, such as:
- breast reduction surgery will affect your ability to breast feed and might make it impossible.
- The experience of breast feeding for both you and your child and many women find that their breasts are much smaller after the period of breast feeding has passed.
- The important role that breasts play in the lifelong experience of sexual pleasure for both partners. Surgery most often decreases the pleasurable sensations in the breast.
- The unnatural appearance that breasts can take on after a breast reduction.
Also, breasts change size throughout your life, unlike your eye color or shape of your ears, breasts change in both size and shape throughout the course of your life. These changes are brought on not only by your weight but by your menstrual cycle, pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. Your breasts will change so if you don’t like them today you might like them tomorrow. Your perception might change and you live your life.
Change the Way You Think About Your Breasts
Sometimes our minds become focused on one thing, and the idea that changing one thing will make us happy, like the idea changing our breast size. But changing one thing rarely works to make us happy because even if we did change the size of our breasts, by nature we will soon find something else to focus on, something else that is wrong with ourselves. Finding happiness in life can mean letting go of trying to change anything at all and simply accepting what is. Life has so much to offer and when we focus or even obsess over one thing, such as the size of our breasts, we lose sight of the bigger picture, of what life is all about. If you look back over your life and consider what was seemed important to you five years ago, it is likely not very important to you now. Trying to see the greater picture rather than focusing on your breast size, even if you will make some changes to reduce your breast size, try to distract yourself with other activities. Find something that you enjoy doing; this will help take your mind off this one issue. Don’t let your concern about your breast size hold you back from enjoying your life. Life has so much to offer, try to enjoy your life while at the same time making healthy changes to reduce your breast size.
Are you Frustrated By Your Breast Size?See results without voting
Have you considered breast reduction surgery?See results without voting
© 2014 Leah Limor
More by this Author
There are so many reasons to love your breasts! While many women are lead to think their breasts should look a certain way, they can begin loving their breasts by considering how amazing they are!