Latex Body Painting
Latex Body Paint
If you are bored of trying old tricks to keep your man’s interest, like sensual underwear, delicious dinners, sexy outfits and romantic dates why not try something new? Even if you just want to surprise your friends with a super original Halloween costume or be the centre of attention next Saturday night, if you are a woman of the 21st century who is not afraid to express herself in original ways I would recommend you try Latex body painting. I think you cannot be more original and definitely you cannot go wrong with latex for adding spice. The fun can start when you are applying it -as the long strokes of cold paint on your body can be very sensous- or when you or your partner are tearing it off your skin to take it off. It is up to you to decide when the fun starts!
What is Latex Body paint?
Liquid Latex is a rubber that is initially packaged in liquid form. It self dries in about 5 to 10 minutes when painted directly onto the skin or over clothing forming a sheet of latex on any surface of any shape. It is fantastic to create custom wearable rubber clothing, costumes, masks and much more. Literally it is like painting your clothes on your body and you don’t even have to worry about size!
latex body paint adds an extra touch of naughtiness when used for sexy clothing, for night clubbing, or preparing a made to measure Halloween custom. But it is also used to create body artwork and special effect make up on its own or with the aid of silicon prop. The possibilities are endless depending on the expertise and imagination of the person applying it.
Learn here how to use Liquid Latex
Liquid Latex Body Paint
How To Apply Latex Body Paint
- Perform a patch test before applying.
- Prepare the area you will be using by covering with a plastic sheet. Also prepare your tools, bear in mind that most liquid latex quickly dries in your brush and your applicator will not be usable again.
- Prepare your skin by washing with soap and water and removing body hair. Apply a Liquid Latex Body Prep or your daily moisturiser.
- Liquid latex contains a small amount of ammonia so you will need to open the container and let it vent for a few minutes before you start working to get rid of the smell. Do not worry the smell will disappear.
- Make sure the area in which you will be working is warm. When the latex starts drying you can fill slightly cold.
- Apply the latex in long strokes for a better finish.
- Allow to dry before applying a second coat. It may take several coats to achieve the desired thickness. Two or three coats of Liquid Latex Body Paint is recommended for best results. Wait for each coat to dry before applying the next one.
- For a durable finish, apply sparkle dust to the dried latex using your hands; this will produce a metallic effect.
- If you want a wet glossy look you can use a silicone based shine spray
- Usually, the latex will start to separate from the skin after about 8 hours. To remove simply peel off. For stubborn areas that have got attached to body hair, shower away with soap and water or even better use a special Liquid Latex Body Wash which offers quick and easy removal.
Liquid Latex Fashions: the creation of an outfit
Would you like to try?See results without voting
If you are not prepare to try Liquid Latex yet, why not try Latex ready made clothing:
Why Try Latex Body Paint?
- Liquid latex body coating naturally shrinks approximately 3%, creating that sensuous "Second Skin" sensation that all true liquid latex enthusiasts love to experience.
- After removing the dried liquid latex coating, your skin will be left with a ‘silky smooth’ feel.
- If you are not convinced about how fun it can be to engage in latex body painting, you can try buying a starter kit or a very small tub of latex body paint.
- Liquid Latex offers a full line of solid latex colours which include gold and silver metallic colours. There are also fluorescent and neon Liquid Latex colours that are bright providing great eyecatching outfits and costumes and a Glow in the Dark latex. Some places even offer to make custom colours for you.
Using Liquid Latex
- Liquid latex is very simply to apply even for beginners.
- Liquid latex dries quickly allowing the skin to breath. A good quality liquid latex body paint will not clog your pores and will be easy to remove.
- Liquid Latex can be used on the entire body because it does not absorb into the skin. However you must be careful when you apply it because it is absorbed into carpets, upholstery furniture, curtains, shoes, etc.
- Quality liquid latex body paint will neither stain your skin nor your clothing. It should be removable easily either by peeling or tearing it without causing any damage to the skin or without sticking to body hair.
The first concern of working with liquid latex is latex sensitivity.Patch test to check for product reaction. There can be three different types of reactions to natural rubber latex:
- Irritation, typically classed as a 'non-allergic' condition. The irritated skin may be dry & crusty, and the symptoms naturally resolve when contact with the latex ceases.
- Delayed hypersensitivity. This response occurs between 6 and 48 hours after initial contact. Many people with delayed hypersensitivity have a history of allergy, dermatitis, or asthma. Delayed hypersensitivity presents itself as skin becoming dry, crusty and leathery with eruptions appearing as sores and blisters.
- Immediate hypersensitivity is an allergic response which presents itself as hives that migrate beyond the point of contact with latex. Allergic symptoms can include itching eyes, swelling of lips or tongue, breathlessness, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, hypotension, shock, and potentially even death in very rare cases.
To avoid any latex sensitivityMake sure that you perform a spot or patch test. The best place is the inside of the arm. Leave for as long as you plan to use the product and check for any irritation. If there is any you must discontinue using the product. For severe reactions please consult a doctor taking the product with you.
Liquid Latex Fashions Body Paint Wedding Dress
© 2009 Anath
More by this Author
The ultimate fashion accessory, Ballet boots are a type of footwear that merges the ultimate high heel with the pointy shoe. The ballet boot’s heel can be around 18 cm. (7 inches) or more.
Tips on how to care for your latex clothes
I like a challenge, I like the “hunting game” and I take special delight in seducing and being seduced. Seducing a man is fun when he plays the game, but how to seduce a man who does not even dare look at...