Pines: History | Benefits | Where To Buy Pine Oil
Searching for where to buy pine oil - BUY HERE
The scientific name of pine is Pinus sylvestris and it is also called Scotch pine. There are many species of pines, which have a fresh aroma that is soothing, relaxing and very refreshing to our mind, body, and soul. Though it is interesting to note that essential oils of pines produce medicinal effects. Pine trees belong to the Pinaceae family. Pine is a resinous tree, which grows about 30 meters in height with dense conical crown. It has a scaly bark ocher in its juvenile phase and it turns brownish gray when it reaches maturity. The stem of pine tree is cylindrical. Pine tree has very thick needle-shaped leaves that are gathered in groups and measure between 3 and 10 cm long and are variable in color ranging from grayish green and teal. The pine seeds consist of integuments and tissue reserve of the seed (endosperm).
History of Pines
Human beings have used pine bark and roots since ancient times for various medicinal purposes. Arabia, Romans Greece, and Egypt civilizations recognized pines’ intense healing properties many centuries back. Pines have also had some association with religious ceremonies. Pines were popular in treatment of lung infections such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, and bronchitis. Ancient people used to grow a large number of pines trees and called that area as pine forests because of the excellent air quality of this area which is beneficial in treatment of lung problems. Pine is now a widely used ingredient in soaps and deodorants due to its disinfectant properties.
Origin and Distribution of Pines
There is an extensive range of pine trees in Europe and Asia, especially in the northeastern Russia and Scandinavia. There are around 80 species of pine tree and much of pine oil comes from the Norwegian and Scottish pine.
Extraction of Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil is extracted through dry distillation of pine needles.
Benefits of Pine Oil
- Essential oil of pine has antiviral, antiseptic, and decongestant properties.
- Pine oil is good for treatment of respiratory diseases that occur especially after change of weather.
- Pine oil has antirheumatic effect.
- Pine oil has cholagogue effect.
- Pine essential oil has balsamic effect.
- Pine oil is a natural choleretic, deodorant, cleanser, diuretic, and expectorant.
- Pine oil is a natural insecticide, restorative, and adrenal cortex stimulant.
- Pine oil is helpful in treatment of stress, nervous fatigue, general weakness, exhaustion, mental fatigue, and neuralgia with the help of pine oil massage and inhalation.
More by this Author
If you want to experience ultimate thrill, adventure, and a day full of excitement and fun, then Adventure Island, Rohini, is the best place in Delhi.
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.
After publishing an article on “Harassment On Phone By ICICI Bank DSA” which was regarding the credit card problems I was having and how I settled the card, I am receiving questions regarding credit card...