Exfoliation - 8 Reasons Why You Must Exfoliate Regularly
Exfoliation is more beneficial to us as a skin care treatment than many will believe, and it is a sad fact that people don't realise the great advantages of an exfoliating treatment.
Whether we have beautiful blemish free skin, or skin with chronic acne, we all need to include exfoliation in varying degrees depending on our ages and skin type, in our skin care routine.
Our skin sheds off as much as 30,000 dead cells every minute, and even though this is a natural process, it sometimes needs a boost, especially for those of us who may have acne and other skin problems.
What this means is that natural shedding of dead dry skin is not really enough for many.
If dead skin cells are left to accumulate and not sloughed off, dirt, pollutants and oils will become trapped in the facial pores, leading to acne and pimple problems.
However, with exfoliation these skin conditions will not occur, and if they are present right now, they can be greatly reduced and eventually eliminated with constant care.
Exfoliation is an Inexpensive Facial Treatment
Having healthy, smooth and radiant skin doesn't have to be expensive. Just including an exfoliating product in your routine facial care will eliminate and put an end to dull facial skin.
There are many affordable over-the-counter exfoliation products on the market that you can buy somewhere near you, or at on-line stores at the click of a button.
You need to have one of these products that are great for skin care treatments at home always.
Using it has helped millions of people; especially those with acne or blemished skin, regain their self esteem, build up their confidence, and put their 'best face forward'.
8 Reasons Why You Must Exfoliate
- With exfoliation, skin preparations such as creams, serums or general facial products are easily absorbed because they will work easily on new skin. When the skin has been freshly scrubbed, application of even the cheapest over-the-counter skin care remedies will work well and give remarkable results as promised on the package, in good time.
- Exfoliation aids in the removal of harmful toxins from the face, which in essence will prevent breakouts. Breakouts are caused by bacteria and dead skin being left on the face to literally 'fester'. Washing or cleansing with ordinary soap cannot clean or prevent breakouts, but consistent exfoliating will.
- If done regularly, it will stimulate the renewal and rebirth of new skin cells which comes out to the surface, as the dead skin has been sloughed off with exfoliation. This treatment done consistently will keep the face clear and healthy looking, always.
- To exfoliate is to speed up the removal of the continuous eruption on the face. Having dead skin is a natural process but it's not visible to the naked eye. And since we are aware that it's happening though we can’t see it, we should aid the skin in its shedding process by gently scrubbing off these layers of dead skin build-up.
- Your skin complexion will be considerably improved and enhanced with exfoliation, as it encourages the growth of brand new skin cells. The skin will look bright, feel smooth and be blemish free.
- Exfoliating dead skin and bacteria serves a dual purpose as it will encourage a bright glow and beautiful lustre. You can count on this, because it removes flaky lifeless skin and blockages, and at the same time increases the blood circulation with its circular motions and light massage.
- It is a fantastic anti-aging skin care treatment, and therefore a must have for ageing men and women. Exfoliating ageing skin will improve the skin's texture and maintaining its colour. There'll be no ashy or dull looking skin and it will gently erase fine lines and reduce wrinkles.
- Gentle exfoliation allows the face to keep and maintain an adequate amount of its natural oils. Many of the good exfoliation products have some amount of beneficial oils in their composition. Those oils are what accounts for the smoothness and softness of the face after an exfoliation exercise.
You don't need to scrub on a daily basis unless you have extremely oily or acne prone skin. People with normal to dry skin facial skin need to exfoliate only two or three times a week, and acne sufferers must stick to an exfoliation treatment of at least five times a week.
Advantages of Exfoliation
Exfoliation does not strip natural oils off the face as long as it’s done gently with products that contain finely ground seed grains or synthetic exfoliating beads.
Also, an exfoliating treatment must not be done in a hard or rough manner, and care must be taken about exfoliating too often if you have good blemish free skin.
The delicate skin of the face can become irritated and even sore if you don’t avoid exfoliating products that contain harsh chemical ingredients. These must only be used if it’s a case of chronic acne scaring.
Exfoliation is an easy process that you can do by yourself at home as your routine skin care treatment.
It will help make your skin appear young, fresh and bright, and if you don't want to buy over-the-counter exfoliating products, you can apply treatments using home-made recipes with food items around the home like baking soda, finely granulated sugar, oatmeal or fine table salt.
It's however good to remember that your goal is to gently abrade the skin, not to scratch it. Aggressive exfoliating with large or sharp grains or granules will cause skin irritation.
© 2010 viryabo
More by this Author
It's a brand new era of "face lifting, the non-invasive face lift (without surgery), a process that beauticians now refer to as natural face lift.
Many people have oily skin, it's not just you. So how do you keep a fresh, clean, and oil free face all day long? With facial blotting papers for oily skin that'll help you "kick" that unsightly shine.
By exfoliating your face on a regular basis, you are getting one of the best forms of treatment for acne prone skin. This simple skincare treatment is very essential if you have blemishes on your face