Protective Swimwear for children
Babies and children have very delicate skin and special care should be taken when they are exposed to the sun. In some areas of the world, this is no problem, but for families who live in very hot places or like travelling to sunny spots this is a very important issue.
My children were born in Southern Spain, where the thermometers easily reach 40°C + during the summer. The sun in that part of the world is strong and blinding so one must be very careful with young children’s skin. In fact most Spaniards in the area only take their babies out for a walk along the seaside after 8 at night, midnight being the preferred strolling time during July and August!
Good for all ages and all situations: pool, beach and even thermal baths
Of course I could not stay at home all day with the children so I tried most sunscreens on the market, soon to find that young children just rub it off, sometimes dangerously near their eyes. Fortunately enough on one of my shopping trips I found the perfect solution UV protected swimwear for babies. I was a bit incredulous at the start but after a few tries I was absolutely convinced of how effective they were. I bought several pairs, in different sizes and colours for both my boy and girl. It was great; the sun suits paired up with UV protected sun hats were perfect to allow us to stay all day at the pool or the beach without any signs of skin damage.
It has been a few years now since the first time we tried out our first UV swimwear and I can honestly say that my children have never been sunburnt, not even in the hottest and brightest of summers. We have spent whole days on the beach or at the pools and even walking under the Californian sun and never had any problems with over exposure to the sun.
Sun Protection Swimsuit
Zippered back with lining to protect skin under zipper. 98% UV BLOCKING. High neck for extra coverage. All suits 0-2 years have zipper in crotch for easy diaper change!
Why choose UV protective swimwear for children:
- They are perfect for protecting children’s skin at the beach and pool.
- Protective swimwear is made from UPF 50+ rated fabric which means that your child is safer than wearing a dry t-shirt which only offers a maximum UPF8 when dry and as little as UPF2 when wet.
- They are made of soft, quick drying material that also protects from scratches and the wind.
- No need to run all day after your children to top up the sunscreen.
- It is comfortable to wear all day long; children can wear them as outdoor gear for playing under the sun without the risk of sunburn. My daughter wore hers on most days out in California during the summer and she was very comfortable with it.
- They look fashionable; your little one will look like a little surfer!
- Security, you know that the protective swimwear will not wash or wear away like ordinary sunscreen so you can be sure that your child will be protected all day long.
- Price, in the long term you will save money in sunscreens as you will only need a little bit for the areas exposed instead of lathering your child’s entire body with it.
Tips when buying protective swimwear for kids
- Make sure the swimwear is made of UPF 50+ rated fabric -which means that it will block around 97.5% of UV rays.
- Buy a size bigger so you have greater coverage on arms and legs.
- For babies you can get the two piece swim suits so it is easy for nappy changing, or you can buy the ones with a crotch opening.
Taking care of your UV swimwear:
To avoid damaging the fabric and its protection, follow carefully the washing instructions. Mine lasted a long time as I always washed it after every use under cold running water (never put it in the washing machine). Also it is best if you just let it dry in a shaded place rather than under strong sun. Never use the tumble drier for your swimwear.
UV Blocking Swimsuits
Blocks 98% of UV rays equal to a sun block of SPF50+
BLUE SHORT SLEEVE TOP WITH SPF50+ SUN PROTECTION.
Travelling with your child
- Travelling with children part 1
A few of my tips about surviving travelling with children. My tips are based on my experience with my 4 year old son and my 7 year old daughter.
- Travelling with toddlers. Part 2
Beach holidays with Toddlers To enjoy a beach holiday with toddlers you will need to take into account a few points. 1) Always pack plenty of sunscreen. A high protection is a must. We use Garnier's for...
- Travelling with toddlers
Travelling is always and adventure, but travelling with toddlers is a challenge. There are several points to take into account. The following list is not exhaustive but will help to plan a family...
The Kids Window swimwear
The BLUE SHORT SLEEVE TOP WITH SPF50+ SUN PROTECTION on the right hand photo, is made from a Nylon / Lycra mix this fast-drying swim shirt is lightweight and comfortable to wear wet or dry. It is designed to fit all body shapes and offers the same protection as a 50+ sunblock, and blocks more than 97% of the sun's harmful rays. Available in the UK from The Kids Window
The Kids Window Speciality children's swim wear includes sunproof tops, bottoms and suits to help protect children from harmful UV rays. Their children's wetsuits keep kids warm in and out of the water - whatever the season, so there's no need to stop swimming when the summer is over.
More by this Author
The most important thing when choosing swimwear is to feel comfortable in it and to look fab, not fat. Yes, you want to stop worrying about your shape while you are at the beach or swimming pool.
Plus size wedding dresses. Tips to buy a plus size wedding dress and some of the best addresses to find the wedding gown of your dreams.
Make a dramatic impression with these jeans that fit. Whether it is skinny, super chic, minimalistic or very ornate, here are some tips to find plus size jeans that fit and flatter your figure.