How to Whiten Teeth – A Complete Consumers Guide
Teeth Whitening Products
People often hesitate to flaunt their smiles due to the yellowness or stains appearing on their teeth. It is indeed a really shameful thing as it has now become more of an aesthetic concern to look good. Well, with the countless teeth whitening products and procedures available today, teeth whitening shouldn’t be an issue at all. In fact, almost everyone can consider these easy treatments for whitening their teeth and smiling more often than wasting their life.
To begin with, you can choose from a wide array of treatments options for teeth whitening. Noted herein is a list of some of the most effective options available on the market today.
- Tooth Whitening Toothpastes: Toothpastes are still considered to be the best treatment option of the lot considering its availability and ease of using the same. Whitening toothpastes are composed of abrasive chemicals, usually mild in nature that helps in removing the surface stains. However, they are free from bleach, but they sometimes contain polishing agents for making the teeth brighter and whiter. You must choose whitening toothpaste that has been approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Tooth Whitening Strips: Whitening strips are an easy alternative to the traditional mouth guards. They are more comfortable and you can place them inside the mouth for fast results. These strips are to be worn twice daily for 30 minutes.
- Teeth Whitening Kits: These kits can be availed over-the-counter for teeth whitening. The kits usually contain a mouth tray and bleaching gel. The gel must be placed inside the tray and worn for approximately 30 minutes every day for quick results. This is also an affordable method of teeth whitening and is efficient as well.
- Dentist Supervised At Home Teeth Whitening: Similar to the teeth whitening kits, the dentist supervised at home whitening treatments is considered more effective. Considering the fact that this treatment is carried out under the supervision of a dentist you can expect good results within a short span of time. In this method of treatment the tray is prepared by the dentist after taking the measurements of your mouth. Due to this you get a custom-made tray that fits inside your mouth properly thereby whitening all your teeth equally.
- Dental Office Teeth Whitening: This is undauntedly one of the most popular methods of teeth whitening today. Done at the dental office, the in office teeth whitening comprises of two sets of methods. In the first method, the gums are protected with rubber band shield, followed by the application of a peroxide based gel on the teeth. After this, the teeth are exposed to a laser beam that kick starts the whitening effect. It takes only 60 minutes and you are done. Even the high profile celebs are opting for this method of teeth whitening considering its quick results and long lasting effects.
Dental treatments are becoming increasingly popular considering the fact that we all want to look good. Do you still have any doubt about it? Well, if yes, the next segment is for you.
Why Should You Have Whiter Teeth?
I am sure you want to whiten your teeth, but if you have any dilemma here are some of the reasons why you should consider teeth whitening.
- Hygiene: Hygiene is definitely the very first factor you should consider. Also, when your teeth are yellow, people do notice that and the conclusion is bad hygiene. Even with people who are consistent with their brushing and flossing habits, yellowness and stains are common. Human nature suggests that stained teeth are unhygienic, and yes it is.
- Confidence: A pearly white smile is the sign of confidence. Although it might sound pretty unfair to judge a person by one’s smile, but people do that. Smiling is good for health and one reason to smile more often is to show off your dazzling white teeth. It shows how confident you are about yourself.
- Look Younger: Stained and yellow teeth are often associated with age. It is a known fact that our teeth tend to lose its color with age and therefore if you want to look and feel younger, you must have bright, white teeth. With age the dentin becomes yellow and our teeth looks pale and dull. With teeth whitening treatments you can remove this paleness. Also, a white smile minimizes the development of wrinkles on your face, thus preventing a potential sign of aging.
- Attract the Opposite Sex: Pearly whites are attractive and some studies have proved that having whiter teeth can help in attracting the opposite sex more often. In fact, whiter teeth and glowing smile can grab a lot of attention.
- It is Safe: Have any dubious thoughts about the safety issues of teeth whitening treatment? Forget it! Countless studies have proven time and again that teeth whitening treatments are safe and very effective and there aren’t any other factors associated with it.
There Are Certain Ways To Keep Your Teeth White And Free From Any Stains. Try These:
- Avoid those foods that cause stains. Foods are the major sources of dullness of your teeth. Foods containing pigments like balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, certain berries, cherries, tea, coffee, cola, soda etc. Dark colored foods cause stains that can be difficult to treat. Even if you eat these foods, make it a point to brush your teeth after eating the same to avoid the stains from appearing.
- Have crunchy foods and fruits to keep your teeth healthy. Apples, celery, carrots and other foods are very helpful in removing the food particles from your teeth to prevent staining. Sticky foods tend to cause staining.
- Wash your mouth after you take any beverages in order to prevent the sugary effect from getting inside your teeth to form stains.
- Brushing is very important. You must brush your teeth at least twice everyday with the help of a soft bristle toothbrush and whitening toothpaste. Don’t brush your teeth very hard. Make sure you massage your gums and floss regularly to prevent stains.
More by this Author
Women have a lot of bra styles to choose from, and the 2 most common styles are the demi bras and the push up bras. A demi bra is cut out, exposing the top portion of your breasts; a push up bra does exactly what its...
A back support bra can provide lasting relief from pains in your back brought about by your large breasts.
A prom, a birthday party, a wedding, an anniversary celebration may just be upon us. All these events require formal dresses and gowns, which could be strapless, halter neck, plunging, backless, etc. As important as...
No comments yet.