10 Ways on How to Act during a Debate in Social Media
The Facebook and Twitter users saturate the two social networking sites by posting many issues, ranging from personal, political, religious and other campaigns that draw a lot of reactions.
Recently, this hubber was involved in posting a YouTube video over a group page of his town. It drew (still is) different views because of its content - spilling out the anguish, no-nonsense and insulting reaction regarding the video. As the exchange of reactions continued, one user bended the comment into a personal tirade. The hubber's answer offended her that she erased his earlier comments on his post, leaving a promise not to comment in every link, status message or wall posts that he will write on Facebook. What a childish act, isn't it?
With this lieu, this hub wants to provide personal recommendation on how to act courteously when immersing into a social issues that touch the present governance of one's country, how people react on it.
- If you uploaded the link regarding a certain issue, don't just leave it being destroyed with nasty remarks. An interpolation regarding the topic should be done. Present a rebuttal based from your research in connection with the subject presented.
- Keep your cool by showing that you have the authority regarding the issue.Answer comments with choosy but wise words for them to ponder.
- Never enter into a discussion if you don't fully know the topic. You'll be misguided by hearsay or half-truths.
- If the commenter tends to fire personal tirades, you can do it likewise in a subtle way. You can caution him or her for doint that way. If he/she is uncontrollable, you can channel the comments to other users, if they'll sympathize or disapprove.
- Ask the administrator or moderator of the group page to intervene, whenever one user will leave unruly remarks.
- Review the comment that you'll post. It's either rehash it or erase it if you feel it necessary to stop.
- Promote a healthy discussion by citing positive results.
- Empower others by opening an option to participate in actual outcome of the discussion.
- Never erase what you originally posted. Stand by your issue.It will vindicate you later if you presented your side wisely.
- Earn a bit of respect from online users by posting informative issues, ranging from health, food, trivias into a heavier ones, trending issues in politics, entertainment and the like.
The YouTube Davos Debates - How can social media further causes like these? c/o thedavosquestion
Social media is not limited to the chat rooms and wall posts at Facebook or tweets at Twitter. YouTube also sponsors series of face-to-face debates regarding trending and volatile issues that involve major sectors in the society.
The channel, thedavosquestion, conducts series of debates regarding major world issues. There are panelists present from different sectors of government and non-government organizations, as well as people's organizations.
Two sides are equipped with data and people argue with such formalities that it enable he public to understand the pros and cons of an issue being presented.
By the way...
The much-disputed video by a certain Baron Butchokoy or the PinoyMonkeyPride channel in YouTube was recently uploaded last week of June (2011).
The video started with a disclaimer (no copyright infringement, etc.) then the quotation of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal, and the grim realities of life in the Philippines.
Mr. Butchokoy (other term for fat pig) can be a group or just an uploader wanting to have a positive change in the Philippine government.
PROUD TO BE PINOY? Don't Be, Here's Why... c/o PinoyMonkeyPride
More by this Author
Last summer of 2013, I braved to make a bamboo basket, with the help of an elderly, dubbed as the 'basket lady' in our barrio (county). Look what I've done. You can do it, too!
Some of early users of this coffee-saving tip gained an ample reduction in their electrical consumption. This is good news to the skyrocketing prices of electricity in the Philippines.
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...